General discussion

Should I delete this, or not !!

Hello All;In my Add/Remove there is something call mrvlusgtracking and I can see to find anything about when I Google it all I get is people asking about it.Could it have something to do with HP since I just installed my new printer. All I know is that it's from Software Informer made by Marvell.Any help would be great Thanks Bobbyd

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Should I delete this, or not !!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Should I delete this, or not !!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Actually it is made by Marvel and ...

used by multiple hardware and some software manufacturer's. For instance the D-Link network Installation Package and Marvel Wireless cards use it.

You might want to look around your computer and peripherals to see what might have used the marvel software. Try a search of your computer for mrvl*.* and see what you find and where you find it to get a better idea. You could also look in your registry at the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall key then look at the mrvlusgtracking sub key to see if you can find the application path and other information pertaining to it.

Alternatively, uninstall it and use the computer until you find what doesn't work that used to then re-install it if necessary - this empirical solution would be my last and least favored recommendation and only for the adventurous.

- Collapse -
Thank You

Hey Edward; thanks for your reply I will check and see if I can find it some where. I still think it might have something to do with my new printer when I loaded the driver from HP. Thanks again.Bobbyd

- Collapse -
Should I delete this, or not !!

To answer everyone about this "mrvlusgtracking" it is a program that tracks the printer usage. If you have an HP Laserjet or HP inkjet printer this program is installed and keeps track of the amount of ink used and automatically notifyes you of when you need to buy more ink. Hence the name "usage tracker". I am quite sure that other printer makers use this software as well or have developed another forme of it. Deleting it will not hurt you computer it will just not notify you when you are running low on ink.

CNET Forums

Forum Info