Phones forum

General discussion

should I choose Verizon LG6000 or Audiovox 8900? (sprint phones?)

by beetle / May 11, 2004 5:45 PM PDT

First of all, Verizon's Camera phone selection stinks!
I have about 10 days left before I have to make up my mind for which cell phone to get and my only choices are 8900 and 6000. I've read the reviews, but I have not found a clear consensus on the better phone as far as battery life and interface. I am trying out the 8900. It's alright, I don't like the external LCD because it flips from "verizon" to the time.

I really liked sprint's sanyo 8100. It had a picture LCD, better camera and better interface design. It's too bad their service is not quite as good up here.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: should I choose Verizon LG6000 or Audiovox 8900? (sprint phones?)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: should I choose Verizon LG6000 or Audiovox 8900? (sprint phones?)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:should I choose Verizon LG6000 or Audiovox 8900? (sprint phones?)
by dab / May 14, 2004 6:23 AM PDT

I have used both phones and like the LG better, better feel, camera, reception. My only downfall with is was no speakerphone. To me the tri-band was not an issue because I live in a major city and stay within digital coverage.

Collapse -
Re:should I choose Verizon LG6000 or Audiovox 8900? (sprint phones?)

According to Consumer Reports the LG6000 is your best bet. It's #1 on the ratings list. My son has one and he's very happy with it.

Collapse -
Re: should I choose Verizon LG6000 or Audiovox 8900? (sprint
by angellane / November 25, 2004 9:11 PM PST

My son had a LG 4400 and loved it; my daughter currently has the LG 6000 and LOVES it! My son switched to the Kyocera slider phone to be "cool", but the battery gives him problems fairly often. I wouldn't suggest that phone at all! I am considering getting the LG 7000; however, the 6000 has such wonderful reviews from both Cnet and ZDnet, both, so I may stick with a sure thing. BTW, I currently have the Samsung A610 camera phone and it is an excelent phone...but I have a friend who is down on his luck so I thought I'd give him this phone as a Christmas gift just to try and make a difference in his life. Re: Verizon...it has the best service overall in the mtns of NC where I live, so I have no choice really as to providers. But, they do have alot of hidden and excessive charges IMHO that really do add up. Personally, I don't think you can go wrong withthe LG 6000, so the 7000 must be ok too. Can't hurt to try one out for a week, then make your decision? Hope this helps you guys!

Collapse -
by gmpblack / November 26, 2004 8:53 AM PST

Hey the best Verizon phone by far is the samgung a-670. The new lg vx7000 is also very nice, but if you want the best camera phone out go with the motorola v-710

Collapse -
by minhnim / November 27, 2004 5:54 AM PST

Audiovox 9900 is coming out, saw a Verizon rep. using it, pretty nice.

Collapse -
by KPECOD / November 28, 2004 9:49 AM PST

STOP!!!!!!! Don't buy the 8900!! I had it for 6 months this year and it was the worst phone I have ever had. I recently went in to my local Verizon store and picked up the new VX 6100. It is by far the best phone I have ever had!! Check it out before you make any decisions. It is a great value, and all of the features work better than advertized and are very intuitive. Hope this helps.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?