Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

Should I buy Sandisk Sansa e250 or c250?

by Snugs79 / January 1, 2007 3:44 AM PST

I'm been searching and researching online buying my first mp3 player. I've been to stores and looked at a few and narrowed it down to liking the Sandisk Sansa e250 (with music/photo/video) or the c250 model from them (music/photo). I read good reviews on this site about both. I really only wanted a player to listen to my music. I have just under 350 files that I downloaded years ago in college that I have on my computer that I want on a player to take with me. I don't need to have photos or videos on it since I don't even download videos from online and I have my digital camera for photos. But Best Buy has the e250 on sale for $109 and the c250 for $90. The difference used to be $40, now only $20, so it seems like I should just splurge for the one with video too just in case I ever want that capability (pay $20 more now so I don't spend more later for a new player).

I'm just wondering if users of either model can tell me the quality of the sound and ease of use (since I'm new to this). Is sound better with the c250 or is there less chance of a malfunction since there is less to do with it? If I don't need video capability should I just get the c250? I think I want the e250, unless someone who has it can tell me something bad about it as far as sound quality or it being hard to arrange or playback songs since music is why I want it. Also let me know if there are any other suggestions for a first time user who primarily wants it to be easy to transfer songs, find what I want, and listen to it and have it sound good.

Thanks for any help.

~Sarah~

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Should I buy Sandisk Sansa e250 or c250?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Should I buy Sandisk Sansa e250 or c250?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
e250 = awesome
by jessiicax01 / January 2, 2007 5:21 AM PST

Hi Sarah,
I got my e250 for christmas from my boyfriend, I am also a first time user and its really easy to use. Transferring songs is soo easy because I am very like mp3 player illiterate. Its just a click and drag system and its easy to listen to music on it. The color screen is amazing. My boyfriend who has the ipod video has sated many times that he wants my mp3 player over his ipod video.the base on the earbuds is really good with an easy to use menu.. u just chose from video, music, radio, photos or settings. And from each subtitle such as music it has album, songs and artists and everything is so easy to do. I would recomment this player, unless you hear something better from the other one, but for that little amount of money extra why not grab the one with video capabilities.

Jessica - feel free to ask me anything else u need to know.

Collapse -
I bought e250 and have problem...
by Snugs79 / January 2, 2007 6:20 AM PST
In reply to: e250 = awesome

Hi Jessica,
Thank you for replying. I got the e250 yesterday and started playing around with it last night and this morning. I figured out the basics, but I had a problem with putting my songs on it. I loaded the Best Buy/Rhapsady software and it pulled up my library of songs. I tried dragging a song and dropping it into the player icon area, but I couldn't see if it actually went there. I wasn't sure it worked. I created a playlist to put the songs into called My Songs to differentiate from the preloaded playlists. I was able to select multiple songs at a time and drag them in there and they seemed to load onto the mp3 player. The playlist folder was on the player, I saw My Songs, but inside it was empty. I discovered the songs are actually there, just not in my playlist folder, so I can only find them by searching by artist or song or something, but that way they are mixed in with the preloaded songs. I want to be able to see only my songs (even though I like a bunch of the preloaded ones). I don't know what I did wrong. How did I mess up the drag and drop thing? If the songs are there, why not in the playlist?

Also, my other issue is that the volume is REALLY loud. There is no low volume setting on mine. I discovered by playing around with it that under volume in settings there is normal and high. I changed it from the default high to normal, but the lowest it goes before it's muted is still pretty loud. My CD discman has a low level where you can hear sounds above it and it also can be loud. This has just loud and louder, at least on mine. Have you had that problem? Maybe it sounds loud cause I was using the earbuds that came with it that go in your ear. If I used headphones that go over the ear then it would probably sound low enough for me. But even with the earbuds the player should be able to lower the volume more than it does. I can't seem to change this and it bothers me.

Any help you can give with those issues is appreciated.

Thanks a lot,
Sarah

Collapse -
playlist error
by jessiicax01 / January 2, 2007 11:56 AM PST

hey sarah,
What i think is the problem with the playlist, is that you have the usb mode on the incorrect version. When you turn on your mp3 player head over to the settings section and scroll all the way to the bottom to USB MODE. Go down to MTP and click on it. This will change the mode. When you finish that, go back to the main screen and plug in your mp3 player to the computer. Give it a little while to click in and head to " My Computer " it will then pop up a little mp3 player icon saying Sansa e250. Click on that and Once that pops up head over to Media and drag your "My Songs" folder into that folder. Once you do that try opening your music on your mp3 player and you should be alset with that folder. That is the only possible solution that I can think of for that issue.

As for the volume, I am not to sure what to do with that ,maybe some one else will read this and hopefully have an answer for you. But sorry for that inconvenience and i hope what i told you works. Let me know how it all went.

Have a good night, Jessica

Collapse -
c250 playlist
by rnalle / December 11, 2007 2:09 AM PST
In reply to: playlist error

I am not able to see some of the songs in my sansa c250, even though i could play them.Is there any software I need to install

I do not see the USB mode in my Sansa c250 settings option.

Collapse -
e250 volume control
by Nicklefrog / January 4, 2007 4:41 AM PST

Hi Sarah,
First go to Sandisk.com and lookover or download the e200 series operation manual. In a nutshell to adjust the volume control turn the ring control CW for up and CCw for down, while playing a song.
Hope this helps.
The Frog

Collapse -
Fixed Volume Problem
by Snugs79 / January 4, 2007 8:51 AM PST
In reply to: e250 volume control

I figured out the problem was with the earbud headphones they supplied with the player. When I used another set of headphones the volume was at a lower level. But I now I find that with other sets I can't always get it as loud as I want. So I just have to find the right set of headphones. I have a pair with a volume adjuster on the wire, that was the best one for me, but I don't always like the kind that goes over your head like that one is.

Thanks for trying to help. I do know how to use the wheel to adjust the volume.

Collapse -
SANDISK E250
by MAINE-MAINE / February 10, 2007 2:30 PM PST
In reply to: e250 = awesome

CAN SOMEONE OR ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO USE MY SANDISK. DOWNLOADING MUSIC IS TOO HARD,AND SO IS DOING EVERTHING ELSE. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH MY PROBLEM.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.