Thank you for being a valued part of the CNET community. As of December 1, 2020, the forums are in read-only format. In early 2021, CNET Forums will no longer be available. We are grateful for the participation and advice you have provided to one another over the years.

Thanks,

CNET Support

General discussion

shortcut to open a new tab in Internet Explorer

Nov 9, 2007 9:13AM PST

Hi guys,

I was wondering if there was a keyboard shortcut (ex some combination of keys) that would open a new tab in Internet Explorer.
I used to have a little "button" that said 'new tab' or sth but for some reason it just disappeared... Any ideas how to put it back on?

thanks

g

Discussion is locked

- Collapse -
Just helped with this........
Nov 9, 2007 11:00AM PST

On another forum.

I am using IE 6.0 so I know this works for me. Go to tools/internet options/advanced/and scroll down and disable "reuse windows for launching shorcuts". Click apply and okay. Close IE and reopen and try again.

- Collapse -
ie new tap shortcut
Dec 19, 2012 1:38AM PST

If you wanna open a hyperlink in a new tap: you can click it by left click while you are pressing the ctrl button, or you can do it by clicking on the hyperlink by the wheel button, but if you wanna open a new blank tap use the ctrl+t., and if you wanna open a recent page in a new explorer window you can click ctrl+shift+n while you are in the required page.
Regards,