General discussion

shortcut keys

Hi there,
I kinda needed a shortcut key for renaming a file. I know that F2 is the key for the said function. However, my keyboard has a different function assigned to it namely; NEW. Now I have googled with a lot of possible combinations of words to try to find a website/page that could tell me how to create new shortcut keys for windows but with no luck. I am hoping that someone here knows how to either assign a new function to the F2 key or create new shortcut keys for windows and not just any specific program. By the way, I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me how to create new shortcut keys for windows. Thx in advance.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: shortcut keys
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: shortcut keys
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
(NT) How did you assign the "new" to F2?
- Collapse -
No, I didn't....

it had already been assigned to the F2 key. The F2 key has the word 'NEW' on it and whenever I highlight an item or icon to rename it and press F2, nothing happens. Hoping now you'd be able to understand my situation...

- Collapse -
Post deleted and re-post.

I deleted a post by 'summeryoung001'. It included a spam link to another web site not related to this question.

I have not researched the tool he has offered.

Mark
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi
by summeryoung001 - 12/04/10 09:08

Hi are you familiar with the "Ditto Tool?" You can download that. It will going to help you assign a different keywords or hotkeys on perspective keyboard function. try to search in google or youtube on how to use it. I've been using that for years and it help me a lot when it comes to keyboard shortcut. You can easily set up the exact key that you want. Try to check it out. Hope it will help you.

- Collapse -
Not exactly clear on what you are looking for...

CNET Forums

Forum Info