Web Hosting, Design, & Coding forum

General discussion

Shoppingcartsplus Web Hosting - Not Recommended

I have yet to find a review of this companies web hosting ability since signing up with them, so I figured I better start my own.

It seemed a great idea initially as its extremely easy and fairly quick to get your own website setup up and running(which is the main reason I chose them). I figured I would spend a bit more money each month($24.95) so I did not have to spend my time fiddling with html codes, ecommerce, etc...and could focus on design and getting my business up and running.

Upon my first month of service I experienced problems with pages not loading or it was very slow to connect. I would be in constant contact with their support(which is ONLY via email!)and then have to wait hours or sometimes 24 hours before I would receive a response. Very frustrating!

My next 2 issues were with the shopping cart where if customers purchased more than what was available, the billing would get all screwed up and then I would need to resolve the issue by cancelling out their order and having them go through the process again(customers love that) OR refunding some of their purchase. (This is still unresolved and its going on 3 months). The 2nd issue was inventory management where it will deduct twice as much as what the customer purchases and you will have to go in and manually correct your inventory each time something is sold(still unresolved at this moment).

Lastly, their server has been down at least twice in the 3 months I have been with them. The first time was about 8 hours and the second one is going on almost 6 hours now. No customers, No Support.....yet they tout that they have backup servers so that your customer will never notice a problem with the service. HA!!!!

If it were fairly easy to transfer all of the design and codes over to a new web host, I would do it in a flash, but because THEY control all the behind the scenes coding - I really would have no way of doing that.

Please think long and hard before you choose Shoppingcartsplus - its more expensive than most web hosts and DOES NOT give you better service or even MEDIOCRE service at that.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Shoppingcartsplus Web Hosting - Not Recommended
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Shoppingcartsplus Web Hosting - Not Recommended
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!