General discussion

Shopping Cart software recommendations?

I run a baseball card site, and am looking to make it more automated by installing shopping cart software. I have look at a lot of different ones, and have yet to find one that does exactly what I want to do. I'm hoping that by describing here, someone can point me in the right direction.

First, I need a lot of categories. For example, start with the tree top of all the major sports, then within sport broken doen by year grouping, and then specific year. Many products support this.

Next, for each card, I want to be able to specify the player name, the card Manufacturer, the name of the set (since manufacturers have more than 1 set in a year), the insert set (if any), the card number, and the condition of the card. Many carts will allow me to do this as options, but they really aren't options. They are indetifiers or descriptors for the individual card. I want the admin interface to allow me to use pull-downs to select these values when entering products into the database, but there should not be drop-downs when displayed. Further, some or all of these fields should be searchable, particularly by player name, or year and set. I have not found any cart scripts that allow for this type of product attributes.

Does anyone know of such software before I start to try and modify existing open source software? I'd hate to reinvent the wheel and waste my time doing so if I've just not been able to locate something that already exists.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Shopping Cart software recommendations?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Shopping Cart software recommendations?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
AJ Shopping Cart Software

AJ Shopping Cart is the best ecommerce software solution with lots of features for Stock & Inventory , Marketing Features , Reporting Features , Currency related features , Newsletter Marketing Features , Order , Billing & Order Tracking, Tax related features , Dashboard features & Shipping.It is the best php based and seo friendly shopping cart software.

http://www.ajsquare.com/products/ecom/index.php

- Collapse -
Shopping cart

You can try oscommerce, yahoo business solutions or Wordpress premium templates. You can create your own ecommerce store with Wordpress. You can google wordpress ecommerce templates and you'll find quite a few. Find some premium templates and you'll see that they are fully loaded. You do not need to touch a single piece of code. Take a look at http://www.the-themes.com/category/online-shop-templates

jane

- Collapse -
oscommerce doesn't do what I need

I've looked at oscommerce, and it does not provide for additional product fields the way that I need them. It allows for product options, like if you sell the same shirt in different sizes, but in my case each item will only have one attribute for each category, and I need to be able to search on those.

If you look at the Manufacturer field in oscommerce, I would need to add more fields like that, rather than options. oscommerce does not provide that support without modification.

- Collapse -
Suggestion

Why not check shopping cart software yourself? This shopping cart software comparison displays different shopping cart and let you compare them with one another. You can review their features on which shopping cart has the features you want. Most known shopping carts are there and they have well detailed information and accurate too.

CNET Forums

Forum Info