Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Computer Newbies forum

General discussion

ShellconHiddenWindow?

by DZLDOC59 / March 4, 2005 12:02 PM PST

This started popping up when ever I shut my puter off.Doesn't show up as a virus,ad ware,spyware or running program on task manager.Nothing shows up on file and folder search. I'm running winXP sp2.Any one have a clue or heard of this before?
Thanx for any info.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: ShellconHiddenWindow?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: ShellconHiddenWindow?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: ShellconHiddenWindow?
by Tufenuf / March 4, 2005 5:48 PM PST
In reply to: ShellconHiddenWindow?
Collapse -
Thanks!
by Bit_Surfer / May 5, 2005 10:43 AM PDT

I just wanted to thank those of you that shed light on this problem. I use MMJB on my system at home and took the R10 upgrade Monday night and spent the next two days trying to figure out why my system was goofing up. My system exhibited the exact same characteristics as were described here only with one special little bonus, it wouldn't allow me to remove the software. Eventually I figured out that in safe mode it would allow me to remove the it. Once it was removed, no more ShellconHiddenWindow hangs on shutdown, my virus scanner started working again and I could defrag the HD. Thanks also for the link to the older versions as I do like the MMJB and am completely satisfied with R8.20.XXX (which I have now installed with no ill effects) and will plan on sticking with it.

Thanks again to all thread participants! Ain't the internet cool?

Adios!

Collapse -
Same issue may be Music Match 10
by willywonk / May 30, 2005 1:16 AM PDT
In reply to: Thanks!

I have XP Pro SP1 and about a month ago downloaded Music Match 10. My Dell already had a starter version (not sure version #) so it was an upgrade.

My PC started hanging while in Internet Explorer. I get ShellconHiddenWindow message also.

I wasn't sure what issue was and now will try uninstalling MM 10. Don't need the hassle.

Collapse -
Went back to MMJB 8.2
by Arvydar / June 8, 2005 5:10 AM PDT

I ran into the same problems with MMJB 10 and uninstalled it and reinstalled 8.2, which has other benefits - it shows the actual filename of tracks as they are on your hard drive with a full path. For Me MMJB 10 is a step backwards for ripping and organizing your music.

Collapse -
Shell con question
by ladygarnet / July 10, 2006 6:24 AM PDT
In reply to: ShellconHiddenWindow?

Have you found any free virus programs that will get rid of shell con? I tried pc.com and it ended up setting a google search bar on my computer that I don't want either..thanks for any help with getting rid of this program that anyone has

Collapse -
Re: Shell con question
by Tufenuf / July 10, 2006 6:28 AM PDT
In reply to: Shell con question

Ellen, Read thru this thread where you should see how to solve this problem which isn't related to any virus/malware.

Tufenuf

Collapse -
Shell con question
by Bebomb / August 17, 2006 1:20 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: Shell con question

Could someone repost the second reply to the original question? I saw all the other answers to the original posted question, but I think the second one has the needed answers.

Thanks

Collapse -
Re: Shell con question
by Tufenuf / August 17, 2006 7:31 PM PDT
In reply to: Shell con question

Bebomb, What do you mean repost the second reply? The second reply is already in this thread for all to view.

Tufenuf

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!