TVs & Home Theaters forum

Question

Sharp LCD TV flickers every 5 minutes (good post)

I have a Sharp LCD TV LC-60E88UN. Whether I am viewing a DVR show or a DVD movie there is a quick flicker about every 5 minutes. It looks like it might be a 1/10 second shot of a scene from earlier in the recording. Just lately sometimes half the screen freezes completely while the other half shows the ongoing recording.

I tried hooking the hdmi cable directly into the TV to be sure it wasn't my receiver that had the problem. That didn't help.

I tried disconnecting the hdmi cable but the problem was still there when I reconnected it.

The only thing that got rid of the frozen screen was to turn the TV off and then turn it back on. So I'm assuming this is a TV issue?

What part do I need to replace? There is no service center anywhere near me.

Thanks!Jim

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Sharp LCD TV flickers every 5 minutes (good post)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Sharp LCD TV flickers every 5 minutes (good post)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
For a test. Connect another way.

In reply to: Sharp LCD TV flickers every 5 minutes (good post)

Try component or even old composite connections.

Collapse -
Still not working with component from dvd to TV

In reply to: For a test. Connect another way.

I put a component cable directly from the dvd player to the TV and it still had the same problem, so I know it's not the receiver or the hdmi cable.

And... in the past it also has happened viewing dvr recordings that went from dvr >> hdmi >> receiver >> hdmi >> tv. So since it happened on dvr and dvd, it can't be the dvd disk or dvd player.

So it's the TV, right? And if so, what part do I replace?

Thanks so much for helping me with this.

Collapse -
Sorry.

In reply to: Still not working with component from dvd to TV

But there are no user serviceable parts past this point. I am seeing a lot of folk ask similar questions but for today's sets when the resets and more fail, you get it fixed, replaced and if you are to begin your new career as a TV repair person you search for manuals or what has replace the old "Sam's Photofacts."

In other words I think the boards will cost more than a new set.
Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!