TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Sharp LCD

Help! I have finally been able to decide that I want a Sharp 37" LCD. However, the more I look into this, the more I get confused about the exact model that would be suitable for me. There are the LC-37G4U, LC-37GD4U, LC-37GD6U, LC-37GD7U, and last, but not least, the LC-37GB5U.

Please, anyone has any knowledge (other than the pictures I already see of these on the Sharp site) what the difference between the GB5U and the GD ones are? Which will be HD-ready, and which will be HD-integrated? I am willing to spend less and get a ready-TV instead of a true HD, since I guess I'll rent the box from Cox anyways.

Lastly, is there a newer version? Is the GB version newer? If so, why is its online price among the least?

Thanks in advance,

Indri

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Sharp LCD
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Sharp LCD
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Buy the LC-37GD7U

In reply to: Sharp LCD

It is the newest and replacing many of the others, I just put one in my sisters house, put the comcast HD cable card in and wow this is just the greatest HDTV without the Cable box and all the cable channels. This product just had a recent price drop to all the dealers so you should be around the 3200 mark if you get the right deal!

Collapse -
I'd say go for 37-D7U, 2005 model

In reply to: Sharp LCD

Hi,
We just bought the 32-D5U. The 37" version is the 37-D7U with speakers beneath and 37-D5U with speakers on the sides. 37-D7U would be better as speakers on the sides would make it way too wide. These are 2005 models with TV-Guide Onscreen, a great feature. They feature an off-air tuner which you think you won't need now but you never know, in the future you just might enjoy local stations in HD without paying extra....
Anyhow the 32-D5U is just great. I recommend it highly.
Raja
Sharp's web site does not allow you to compare the new D7U and D5U to the G series....I think they want to sell off the G series first.

Collapse -
2005 Models D5U and D7U

In reply to: I'd say go for 37-D7U, 2005 model

Just a note that on the D7U and D5U models with the TV Guide, the feature does not work if you use the Cable Card.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.