TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Sharp LC-C5262U Setup help??

by barneyec / September 15, 2007 12:55 PM PDT

After much consideration we chose the 52" LCD 1080P by Sharp. We picked it up today from Costo and just turned it on, is this it??? this picture truly is lousy! We are using the red,white & yellow cords coming from a Dtv std. receiver. ( Dtv cannot install the HD DVR for 3 weeks!) Is it the receiver? Is there a trick I am not aware of? I have monkey'd around with the settings but have not been able to get half as good as picture as was in the store. We also purchased the Bose 321 for this but may not even open the box if this is as good as it gets. The room we have it in is a basement with very little outside light. Can anyone out there help? My wife is wanting me to take it back!

Thanks,

barneye

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Sharp LC-C5262U Setup help??
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Sharp LC-C5262U Setup help??
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Classic problem
by TheTechSource / September 16, 2007 6:01 AM PDT

Barneye,

Relax. The TV you have is great. You'll be plenty happy once it is setup correctly. You'll need to spend some time researching and getting up to speed on how to accomplish this. One post on C|net wont fix it.

But here's a quick primer.

You have connected the set using composite video which will never give you an HD image. You'll need to connect something using component or HDMI and then make sure the source and tv are configured to display at a higher resolution. A composite image on a big tv looks like a very large bad picture. It is a common shock for customers who first set up their first big tv at home by themselves.

So, get ready to do some reading starting with the manuals. They'll have lot's of help on getting started.

Or, find a Home Theater installer and pay them for their expertise. You might consider a universal remote at a minimum so that switching between sources is simplified for you. Or you'll have to remember how to switch everything yourself and then explain it to the Mrs. who will perhaps end up with even more frustration over the purchase.

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but as much as we would like to think electronics make our lives easier, they really dont unless we spend the time to understand the technology.

The next thing you will have to research is how surround sound works. Just because you have a Bose 321 doesn't mean you will turn on the system and have a Dolby 5.1 theater experience. This too will take some setup and configuration, again - read the manual.

Hey, if it were easy - everyone would do it.

Happy Learning!

Morgan Harman
The Tech Source
http://www.TheTechSource.net
Home Theaters and more... in Southern California
Lic.#849004

Collapse -
52" Sharp
by barneyec / September 17, 2007 8:56 AM PDT
In reply to: Classic problem

Morgan,

Thank you for your information, sota panicked there for awhile. I did follow your suggestions and so far so good. It's not great yet on regular channels but it is looking better.

Thanks again,

Barneye

Collapse -
Brand new SHARP LC-C5262U Sound but no picture....
by ADHURI / September 25, 2007 1:38 PM PDT
In reply to: 52" Sharp

I bought the same LC-C5262U from COSTCO on 3rd using their Online Website to save on my home delivery. I got the set on 17th. Last Sunday I opened the box and setup the connections. I have Cablevision box the output of which I connected to the LCD TV set. I set up the TV set to channel 3 using the remote control by entering number 03. I can hear the sound but no picture at all. I see some faint blue light on the screen. When I change the channels on the cable box I can hear different channel programs. I tried to us MENU button on it to get the setup but nothing on the screen. I used composit output of my VCR/DVD player and connected to one of the composit input on the TV. I used the INPUT button to switch the input. I get the same thing, sound of the movie on the DVD but no picture. It's frustrating and my family is blaming me for buying SHARP instead of SONY. Any suggestion?

thanks.
- Arun

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!