Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Shark!!! lol

On a tour of Texas, the Pope took a couple of days off to visit the coastal area for some sightseeing. He was cruising along the sea wall on Galveston Island in his Pope mobile when suddenly he noticed a frantic commotion just off shore.

There was John Kerry struggling frantically to free himself from the jaws of 25-foot shark. As the Pope watched, horrified, a speedboat came racing up with two men aboard. One of the men, President George W. Bush, quickly fired a harpoon into the shark's side while **** Cheney reached out and pulled the bleeding, semi-conscious John Kerry from the water.

Then using baseball bats, the two heroes beat the shark to death and hauled it into the boat.

Immediately the Pope shouted and summoned them to the beach. "I give you my blessings for your brave actions," he told them. "I heard that there was some bitter hatred between President Bush and John Kerry, but now I have seen with my own eyes that this is not true."

As the Pope drove off, President Bush asked **** "Who was that?"

"It was the Pope," **** replied. "He is in direct contact with God and has all of God's wisdom."

"Well," President Bush said, "he may have access to God's wisdom, but he doesn't know squat about shark fishing................how's the bait holding up?"

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Shark!!! lol
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Shark!!! lol
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Dying laughing:)))

In reply to: Shark!!! lol

This one was too funny!

Glenda

Collapse -
Re: Shark!!! lol

roflmao

Collapse -
Re: Shark - Now thats not funny.......

....It's hilarious, I laughed for ten minutes and still giggling.

Don Erickson
California Republican and very proud if it.

Collapse -
*** for tat

Bush, Kerry, and Edwards decide be civil for a day and agree to go fishing. They anchor their boat 40 feet from shore when Kerry exclaims, 'Drat! We forgot the beer! I'll get it." He then steps over the side of the boat and walks across the water to shore, returning several minutes later. Bush is amazed and is about to say something when Edwards says, "Darn! We forgot the sandwiches!" Stepping off the side of the boat he, too, walks across the water to shore, returning shortly. Bush is flabergasted. At that point, he realized they had forgotten the bait so, not wanting to be outdone, he stepped off the side of the boat and immediately sank to the bottom and drowned.

Kerry looks at Edwards and says, "Geez. Didn't you tell him where the rocks were?!"

Collapse -
Re: *** for tat

In reply to: Tit for tat

Apparently Kerry re-enacted that one too from having watched the original Catholic Priest, Jewish Rabbi, and Mormon Bishop when it first happened over 35 years ago. Must be another "seared" memory.

Devil

Collapse -
that's even more hilarious because it appeals both sides

-The hidden joke in this is that you proud Bushies like it but think we anti-bushers won't? Nah, it appeals to both sides, for somewhat different reasons

The Bush camp enjoys this joke because it pretends that your Chief and his veep are strong and calous. Criminal and amoral when it suits them- being found in the punch line of the pope's confusion. A

It'sa good, healthy, (?) stress relieving hate joke.we, all sides, like to figurativly abuse and kill our enemies.

For those of us on the Kery side the joke is just a comic stretch of reality. A very good joke; I like this stuff very much. It affirms our generally held belief about the conservative right's veilded desire to circumvent law and moral figures and just go murder its enemies; feed 'em to the fishies.

Does someone have a joke handy about Kerry and Edwards murdering or torturing Bush? Probably not, because liberals are such sophisticated haters as a rule.

But still, if there's a bona fide pre-existing Kerry --Kills-- Bush kind of joke floating around, let someone post it up here and know please.

Collapse -
Do I see a pattern...

In reply to: that's even more hilarious because it appeals both sides

My, interesting words, "Criminal and amoral when it suits them". Hummm, didn't I see "amoral" references before somewhere in one of somebody's anti-Bush campaigning? Do I detect a pattern? Will "amoral" become the current favorite derogatory political smear label of the Democrats?
I don't know, netsky. Just the opinion of a journalistic type, but I don't think it "sings", as it's not a word that usually comes up in normal everday conversation. Propaganda words, labels and phrases work best when they "flow" in normal conversation, you don't want to have them be unusual and have them stick out as uncommon. You want common everyday campaign button stuff. You know, average Joe Blow conversation stuff.

Collapse -
Kerry and Edwards joke?

Does someone have a joke handy about Kerry and Edwards murdering or torturing Bush? Probably not, because liberals are such sophisticated haters as a rule.

No but a little known fact is that Kerry and Edwards have worked together before.

Several years ago Kerry and Edwards BOTH happened to be down in Florida. Edwards wasn't a lawyer yet and Kerry was between wives and both were in pecuniary difficulties.

A Charter Captain offered them employment on his boat baiting hooks for $50.00 a day.

They both leaped at the chance and discovered that it was very little work which appealed to both. They stayed and worked the whole season and the Captain told them they were obviously cut out to be fishermen in general and baiters in particular and asked if they would be back the following year.

Both said they liked the idea but wanted more money.

The Captain told them that he would double their present wage as they were Masters at their craft.

The following year they returned and sure enough they proved to all that they were Master Baiters.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Class! Real class!

In reply to: Kerry and Edwards joke?

Collapse -
'American Values' applauded by Kerry and Edwards...

In reply to: (NT) Class! Real class!

at the fund raiser after Whoopi et al did their personifications of what they though them to be.

Collapse -
Re: that's even more hilarious because it appeals both sides

Sigh, so even recycled jokes dressed up for politics are psychoanalyzed now.

Oh well. The joke was rough no matter the characters, but many still smiled at it I bet in the past.

Nice twist to use it to assert moral superiority over
our generally held belief about the conservative right's veilded desire to circumvent law and moral figures and just go murder its enemies

Do you really thing anyone conservative minded is a mafia wanna be?

RogerNC

click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
C'mon!

It was a JOKE, Netsky! So was Ed's. As Roger pointed out, these jokes have been recycled for years.

I heard one in the 60's that involved Oral Roberts, two prominent political figures, and "Heal!". I can't repeat it here, but there are probably some here who remember it. It won't show up here.

This started out as a humorous thread. Let's keep it that way.

From the old clich

Collapse -
I remember SEVERAL about Oral Roberts...

In reply to: C'mon!

and MOST couldn't be repeated in locker rooms, let alone mixed company. Wink

Collapse -
Another recycle, Angeline...

In reply to: C'mon!

Another update/ recycle, just as an example of it. Same shark joke senario. If they had used John Edwards for bait, the shark would not have even attacked. Edwards is a lawyer--professional courtesy.

Note: substitute any politician who is a lawyer, I used Edwards because with his current run for office, almost everybody knows that he is a lawyer.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.