Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Sharing A Printer

by j0en / August 24, 2005 9:47 AM PDT

I have a hp photosmart 7350 connected to one computer. when i try to add it on the other computer in the network it says The server for the "hp photosmart 7350 series" printer does not have the correct printer driver installed. if you want to search for the proper driver click ok. otherwise, click cancel. what do ido i need help with this

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Sharing A Printer
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Sharing A Printer
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Did you install the printer software on all computers?
by John.Wilkinson / August 24, 2005 10:15 AM PDT
In reply to: Sharing A Printer
Collapse -
thanks but i still need help
by j0en / August 24, 2005 12:41 PM PDT

now it says credentials overwrite but it wont over write

Collapse -
What are you saying?
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / August 24, 2005 9:56 PM PDT

Did you install the printer software on the 2nd computer as Mousearoma suggested?

At what stage are you getting the message, "Credentials overwrite but it won't overwrite"?

Try this, on the 2nd computer delete the printer. Reboot the 2nd computer and when Windows is loaded re-install the printer software.

Right click the printer icon in Start > Printers & faxes,select "Sharing". Select the option to share this printer and give it a name.

In the 1st computer right click the printer icon, select sharing and ensure you are sharing the same printer name.

You have given no details of your network, so I assume both computers run Windows XP. If not, there may be more settings to change on the non-XP computer.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?