Android forum

Question

share links between Android phone and laptop

What is the easiest way to share links and text between a Android phone and laptop?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: share links between Android phone and laptop
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: share links between Android phone and laptop
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: text

In reply to: share links between Android phone and laptop

What text?. Text such as in Word and Notepad? Or text such as in SMS (texting)? Or your e-books? Or other text?

Kees

Collapse -
share links between Android phone and laptop

In reply to: Re: text

I mean all the text you've mentioned.

Collapse -
Answer
Re: links

Firefox can synchronize favorites (and other settings) via the cloud between Android and Windows. So can Chrome. Internet Explorer can't (because it doesn't run in Android).

Kees

Collapse -
Answer
Firefox and Airdroid App

If you use firefox you can create an account and easily sync any open tabs, bookmarks and settings between multiple devices. If you are browsing the web on your Android and you want to view that page on your laptop instead, you simple hit the share button and choose "send tab to device". It will bring up a list of synced devices on your Firefox account and the link will simply open in a new tab on the device you chose (you may have to hit the sync button for it to load). I'm pretty sure Chrome has similar options.
As far as sharing or sending documents between phone and laptop the obvious options would be cloud storage that you can access on both devices. (Google Drive, OneDrive, DropBox etc..)
I personally use an app called Airdroid which allows me to view all my files including text messages and call logs that are on my phone right on my PC. You can download, transfer and manage everything right from there.

If you have a more specific task you're trying to accomplish it would be easier to give you a more precise answer Happy

Collapse -
Answer
Have a social app

Having a social app is a easy way to share them between android phone and laptop,but make sure can log in on the phone and web on the same time.

Collapse -
a social app

In reply to: Have a social app

yes, a social or IM app is a good way.

Collapse -
Answer
Google found a solution

Google Keep is a much easier and less sophisticated method.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.