Question

SGT-P1000: Auto-Shutdown Issue

Hi, concerned people! Grin

I just want to ask how can I fix my SGT-P1000?

It turns off itself when:

*BATTERY is BELOW 50% with the SIM CARD ON and
*BATTERY is BELOW 50% and I take a picture with the
flash on

Please help me Happy I want to get the best out of my device Grin Thank you so much! Happy

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: SGT-P1000: Auto-Shutdown Issue
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: SGT-P1000: Auto-Shutdown Issue
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
(NT) Have you tried a new battery?
- Collapse -
No, Sir.

Based from my observations, it can't be the battery because my battery is performing well. The problem is when the battery drained to half and then my sim card is inserted, my tab automatically shuts down. And also when I use flash when taking pictures. Those are the only two problems that I encountered. My tab does not drain its battery fast. Do you think the problem is the battery?

- Collapse -
By the way.

From what I have read, you power off the phone to change SIM cards. So this can't be considered a bug.

Why I would suspect the battery is the shutdown on the picture taking. That flash will cause a little more current draw and an older battery may not be able to deliver.

It's a simple test. Besides you didn't write it always did that. But your choice to wonder. I have not reason to wonder as I've seen that happen.

-> What you will encounter out there with consumers is they don't want it to be the battery. So much so, they'll want more diagnosis of their battery even when you show them it working with the new battery.
Bob

- Collapse -

I also inserted the sim card with my Tab off, fully charged. And then if the battery becomes 50%, boom. That's it. Can't open with my sim card on. What i do is take out the sim card and make my tab in flight mode.

Thank you so much, Sir. You gave me an idea. The problem now is the money to buy the battery. haha. thanks, anyway. Happy

- Collapse -
Missing details?

I can't tell how old the battery is. I find these batteries to behave oddly at 1 to 2 years. Again the details are missing. Age, if it always did that, etc.
Bob

CNET Forums