Phones forum

General discussion

SGH-A707 help (USB connection problems)

by jennface1111 / July 21, 2007 9:29 AM PDT

I have the SGH-A707(also called the Samsung SYNC) and bought the USB cable to make my own ringtones and transfer them.
I downloaded Audacity and LameFE to make my ringtones, I have my Windows Media player ready to transfer the ringtones, except my computer keeps recognizing the phone as a camera.

Today the AT&T guy said this might happen, and said to just go to their website and download their "connection manager" which I don't need but I guess it's just supposed to make my computer recognize what it is. I did this and tried to do the device wizard on it saying I was using a USB to connect. It wasn't doing anything so I'm not sure what to do.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: SGH-A707 help (USB connection problems)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: SGH-A707 help (USB connection problems)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Same problem
by cokedude5277 / July 23, 2007 6:38 AM PDT

I just got this phone today and the same thing is happening to me. My Computer recognizes the phone as a camera, which is bad enough. But what is also bad is that when I try to take the pictures off of my "camera" it says there are no pictures on it, even though there are. I have downloaded the Samsung PC Link thing, but it still does not work.

Collapse -
here's what I did...
by jennface1111 / July 23, 2007 12:02 PM PDT
In reply to: Same problem

I did manage to get PC studio to work. there's actually a whole website for this phone There's any info you could possibly want about the phone.

I downloaded PC Studio and it still wasn't working. So I had to uninstall everything associated with it and reinstalled it(don't put the USB in before it tells you to when you reinstall it) It worked on the second time. Also make sure your phone is set to PC studio.

When I try to use Windows Media player it still doesn't work, so I just use PC studio to avoid getting more

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?