HolidayBuyer's Guide

Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Sex and Old Age

by Edward ODaniel / November 28, 2003 10:10 AM PST

Ethel and Mabel, two elderly widows, were watching the folks go by from their park bench.

Ethel said, "You know, Mabel, I've been reading this 'Sex and Marriage' book and all they talk about is 'mutual orgasm'. 'Mutual orgasm' here and mutual orgasm' there - that's all they talk about. Tell me, Mabel, when your husband was alive, did you two ever have mutual orgasm?".

Mabel thought for a long while. Finally, she shook her head and said, "No, I think we had State Farm."

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Sex and Old Age
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Sex and Old Age
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
NT That sounds like a Mutual of Omahgod joke.
by T Lee / November 28, 2003 10:49 AM PST
In reply to: Sex and Old Age
Collapse -
Re:(NT) Glad it wasn't the "good hands people" :-)
by Mary Kay / November 29, 2003 7:38 AM PST

Collapse -
A Tragi-Comic Film on Old Age: About Schmidt
by RonPrice9 / October 5, 2010 1:08 PM PDT

RETIRED AND AGE 66
THE INIMITABLE JACK NICHOLSON

About Schmidt is a 2002 American drama film directed by Alexander Payne starring Jack Nicholson as Warren Schmidt and Hope Davis as his daughter Jeannie. In 2003 he received a Golden Globe for his screenplay for About Schmidt which also won the Writers Guild of America Award for Best Adapted Screenplay. The film is loosely based on the 1996 novel with the same title by Louis Begley.

By 1996, as Begley was getting that novel published, I had my eye on an early retirement at age 55. By 2002 I had retired and taken a sea-change. When I saw this film on TV in 2010 I had been fully retired from FT and PT work as well as many of my casual-volunteer commitments in the Baha?i community for five years. I watch a little TV after a day of reading and writing, research and journalism, editing and independent scholarship. I do this watching after midnight while I have a late night snack. The soporific effects of TV, the alpha waves?so I am told?induced, help me turn off my brain and set up the conditions for a good night of sleep. Occasionally a tasty-movie comes on. About Schmidt was such a visual delight, but after an hour I had to go to bed. In the morning I read the rest of the story on the internet and decided to write this prose-poem.-Ron Price with thanks to Wikipedia, 5 October 2010.

Thank you, Alexander, for your dark humour
and satirical depiction of American society. I
must, say, though, I could not help but laugh.
There?s a lot of dark humour in Australia and
I?ve lived Downunder for nearly forty years!!

I?m 66, too, just like Warren Schmidt. He & I
shared many things in-common which I won?t
go into here. But after a few laughs and some
reflection on this movie and my life, a prose--
poem seemed like a good thing to put down.

The evening of one?s life presents a new ball-
game: 60 to 100 has another set of challenges
to the 20 to 60 package if, of course, one lives
that long?.At 66 my second package has just
begun and I thank the inimitable-famous Jack
Nicholson for his entertainment and delight!!

Ron Price
5 October 2010

Collapse -
Trying To Edit-Out the Apostrophes
by RonPrice9 / October 5, 2010 1:11 PM PDT

I Tried To Edit-Out the Apostrophes....but without success.-Ron

Collapse -
Is there a point to this?
by MDFlax / October 5, 2010 9:55 PM PDT

And why dredge up a thread from 2003 to post it? And why 'this' particular thread? It seems un-connected.

I Googled your name, RonPrice9. You seem to be all over the place.

Your post appears to be a Copy/Paste, from elsewhere. If it is, I would call that Plagiarism.

Let me know why I should allow your post to remain. I deleted your others a few days ago because they looked like spam to me.

Mark

Collapse -
Maybe...
by Willy / October 6, 2010 1:49 AM PDT

OR Prudential Ins. , like the rock. -----Willy Shocked

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.