Question

Several router in 1 building... is there problem with it ?

Hi

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Several router in 1 building... is there problem with it ?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Several router in 1 building... is there problem with it ?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
wireless channel

Very true. You want to try to get a channel nobody else is using, not real possible now days. Part of the reason dual band routers are getting popular. Gives you more channels and 5G does not pass though walls as easy which is good and bad depending on your needs.

It is quite a challenge to find some place that you will not get interference from someone else and this can change as time goes on as everyone plays the same game of chasing the most unused channels.

- Collapse -
Thank's
Happy
- Collapse -
Answer
will this work

I have a Linksys BEFSR41 set up in my office at my house. My daughter has a Linksys WRT54GL WIRELESS she wants me to run a cable from the WRT54GL in my office to her bedroom to her BEFSR41 so she can be wireless on everything she runs now We are on Insight BB. Can this be done. Do I run the cable from the WRT54GL uplink to her rounter

- Collapse -
Just checking.

"wireless on everything"

This is counter to the advice handed out by those in the know. The advice is to wire as much as possible.
Bob

- Collapse -
daughter knows best ??????

everything in the house is wired. the problem is daughter comes home form college. at college she ran everything on wireless. she bought a wireless router and eithernet cable and she wants it run to her bed room so her laptop and other devices who are setup for wireless will run, she said we need to run eithernet cable from my wired router to her wireless so she can pickup my cable provider. she was told she could just plug eithernet cable into uplink on wired rounter and run to her new wireless rounter and it will run and she would be happy. will this work

- Collapse -
Try that.

But somehow avoid being the wifi fixer.

How to use a router as a wireless access point (google that) is well discussed and you have one step done.
Bob

CNET Forums