Question

Several NAS ghost files on Samsung HTS H5500W

When playing music from my NAS drive on the Samsung HTS-H5500W there will be several copies of the same audio files in each folder and seemingly the more often I access the more they multiply. Is there any way to get rid of them so I can play by folder again?

Discussion is locked

Answer
Follow
Reply to: Several NAS ghost files on Samsung HTS H5500W
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Several NAS ghost files on Samsung HTS H5500W
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Yes.

It's a complaint about Samsung and other Smart TVs that leave temp or other files laying around the drive. Fix? Don't use smart tvs to play content. Use something else as there has be no indication Samsung or any maker feels this is a bug.

- Collapse -
Agreed

It’s important to utilize the term ‘smart tv’ with a grain of salt.

Hint: find a good media streamer box that can interface fluidly with your NAS. Plenty of options to explore.

CNET Forums

Forum Info