- How do you mean "download from disk"? What disk?
- Fixing the registry never is a good idea.
- How do you mean "turning off blocks"?
- Downloading is not the same as running setup.exe, unless it's the kind of setup that downloads the latest version. is it?
- If installing from CD or DVD, try if it works after booting into Safe Mode.
- If everything fails, contact their customer service. After all, you paid $200, so you've got right to receive support.
If your business requires a word processor, why not use LibreOffice (free) until this issue is solved?
I have been trying for over two weeks to get my computer to allow WP x8 to download from the internet or the disk and no matter what I do (clear my cache, fix registry, virus scan and clean, turning off blocks before trying, etc.) I still am unable to download (get setup.exe has stopped running) and my business is at a standstill. I have Windows 10 and as for other tech data I need advice as to how to get it to you.