PC Hardware forum

General discussion

Setting up an Internet Cafe Network

Hi!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Setting up an Internet Cafe Network
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Setting up an Internet Cafe Network
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Wasn't that tried years ago?

In reply to: Setting up an Internet Cafe Network

And haven't we learned that it costs more than putting a cheap PC out there?

Or are you new to this?
Bob

Collapse -
Of course, I am new to the business. :)

In reply to: Wasn't that tried years ago?

By the way, I wanna provide an excellent and Hi-tech service to my customers.

So, I selected this way rather than putting cheap stuffs.

Talk about the project, not about the cost.

Thank you.

Collapse -
When you are ready.

In reply to: Of course, I am new to the business. :)

I see you are new so I need to give you time to discover that design had its day. It's no longer done for many reasons including the fact the cost is more than a PC at each station.

Write back when you are ready.
Bob

Collapse -
I am ready

In reply to: When you are ready.

I agree with you that building a server is more expensive than setting up individual PCs.

But, I wanna do it in this way.

So, please help me. Happy

Collapse -
Remember we have to use thin clients.

In reply to: I am ready

I can only guess you've not learned that there is no such server made today. That is, once in awhile you get the new person that thinks you can hang display, keyboard and mouse on some server and make it all work. They usually get upset there is nothing less than 2 times the cost of a PC.

So here's the company and the products.

http://www.citrix.com/English/partners/programs/fourthLevel.asp?programID=1681660&tlID=163199&flID=1859519

So there you go. Citrix on the server and HDX thin clients.

Done. I wonder still if you were so new you expected no client hardware.
Bob

Collapse -
That was a geek to me

In reply to: Remember we have to use thin clients.

OMG!

Collapse -
A long time ago

In reply to: That was a geek to me

Folk made such things. They were awfully expensive as each card was essentially a PC on a card. Since it was not made in the volumes of your common PC or laptop the prices were always more than your PC.

But folk always tried such things.

Today I rarely seen a Citrix or Windows Terminal system because the PC is too cheap.
Bob

Collapse -
Why not use PCs?

In reply to: Setting up an Internet Cafe Network

Or why any PC at all? Why not some internet cafe hot spot and folk bring their own PC, pad or such?
Bob

Collapse -
Internet hot spot

In reply to: Why not use PCs?

Yeah Bob that is what a couple of local outfits do here, it is really all he needs to do.

Collapse -
Dare I say Starbucks?

In reply to: Internet hot spot

You sell the coffee and treats. Internet access is not a product today but a service at your store.
Bob

Collapse -
Not only a browsing centre

In reply to: Dare I say Starbucks?

I am not going to start only a browsing center. Also, we do computer hardware and software troubleshooting, mobile phone repairing and upgrading, Photoshop and other typesetting deals and so on.

I have no idea to sell coffee and treats as you suggest. Happy

Collapse -
Mobile phone repair?

In reply to: Not only a browsing centre

Wow, that's ambitious. In the USA it's pretty much just reset the phone and if it has a bad screen or jack you swap out a new phone.

The days of repairing a phone are long gone.

I'm guessing this is not in the USA. No one I know would attempt what you wrote here. For many reasons.
Bob

Collapse -
This is Sri Lanka.

In reply to: Why not use PCs?

I am not going to start the business in USA or any EU countries. It's in Sri Lanka. So, don't compare your business strategies with us. We can't do business here as you do there. Happy

Collapse -
It's sad you didn't share that up front.

In reply to: This is Sri Lanka.

My answers are mostly about areas from China, Taiwan and US/Canada.
Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!