What I read:
1. Use Notepad on your PC to make a file looking like:
Just 3 lines, with the date (yyyy/mm/dd) in the second, and the time (hh:mm:ss) in the third.
2. Save this file anywhere on the hard disk as TAG.TXT
3. Copy it to the root directory of the card (so if that's h: on your PC, it will become h:\TAG.TXT)
4. Power on the webcam with the card in it and it should set the time to the date and time you put into that file.
I have a webcam that doubles as a nannycam and I am trying to set the time and date. The person I bought the camera from was nice enough to translate the instructions that came with the camera from chinese to english. I am still having a hard time following the instructions! I am using windows vista on a laptop. PLEASE HELP !!!
I am pasting the instructions that I received here--
The detail as following:
1. build a text called TAG.TXT under root directory of card.
2. open TAG.TXT,write synchronous date according to enclosure stricktly.
Details as following:
[date] need space with newline
2010/02/22 need space with newline
Please copy it to TF card?Power on the machine everytime, system will check and analyse TAG.TXT, then set system time according to file time. After that the text will be deleted by system automatically."