General discussion

setting time on micro sd card for webcam

I have a webcam that doubles as a nannycam and I am trying to set the time and date. The person I bought the camera from was nice enough to translate the instructions that came with the camera from chinese to english. I am still having a hard time following the instructions! I am using windows vista on a laptop. PLEASE HELP !!!

I am pasting the instructions that I received here--

"Time set
The detail as following:
1. build a text called TAG.TXT under root directory of card.
2. open TAG.TXT,write synchronous date according to enclosure stricktly.
Details as following:
[date] need space with newline
2010/02/22 need space with newline
12?00?00
Please copy it to TF card?Power on the machine everytime, system will check and analyse TAG.TXT, then set system time according to file time. After that the text will be deleted by system automatically."

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: setting time on micro sd card for webcam
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: setting time on micro sd card for webcam
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re: date and time.

What I read:
1. Use Notepad on your PC to make a file looking like:

[date]
2010/10/31
23:00:00

Just 3 lines, with the date (yyyy/mm/dd) in the second, and the time (hh:mm:ss) in the third.

2. Save this file anywhere on the hard disk as TAG.TXT

3. Copy it to the root directory of the card (so if that's h: on your PC, it will become h:\TAG.TXT)

4. Power on the webcam with the card in it and it should set the time to the date and time you put into that file.

Kees

- Collapse -
Date and Time

Thank you! I will try this.
Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info