Samsung forum

General discussion

Set up problems with Samsung Model UE37C6540

by IJC25 / September 28, 2010 2:53 AM PDT

Have just bought one of these LED TV's and am having real problems with the set up.

The issue is that the TV seems to be getting a signal from somewhere else causing it to constantly scroll through all the channels at high speed - nothing seems able to stop this.

One thought was that the infra red from the house alarm (one of the sensors is situated directly opposite the TV) could be doing this. However I've covered this up and also dismantled it to no avail. I've also tried the TV in different rooms but it still does the same thing.

The TV has been back to the shop twice and works perfectly there.

Could it be that the ariel signal is too weak and it's searching for a signal / do I need a new ariel (although it's worked well up to now and gets digital freeview channels). Could something else be interfering with it? I'm at a loss and any advice would be great.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Set up problems with Samsung Model UE37C6540
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Set up problems with Samsung Model UE37C6540
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 28, 2010 6:09 AM PDT

IJC25,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue.

I don't know what would be causing your channels to move. If you're convinced that the interference in the house is causing this, then I'm not sure what to suggest, other than a separate freeview tuner.

Do you have any issues with any of the other inputs that you use?

--HDTech

Collapse -
by IJC25 / September 28, 2010 4:25 PM PDT

No other problems with any TV or other electrical product - this is a new, never before seen issue and baffling so far!

Collapse -
Problem traced!!
by IJC25 / October 3, 2010 3:00 AM PDT

After testing all sorts of potential causes (burglar alarm, broadband signal, TV signal strength) and having been back to the shop twice where the TV worked perfectly I've finally found the cause.

At one point I had the TV working at home and thinking it had been resolved, I put the stand back on only to find it no longer worked. I then unscrewed each screw in the stand, one at a time and found that undoing one of them allowed the TV to work. Put the screw back in and the problem re-appeared.

So - simply put - one of the screws in the stand was somehow interfering with the TV, causing it to go haywire.

Now have a replacement which works perfectly - with the stand attached!

A strange problem which had both the shop and myself baffled for some time.

Collapse -
Problem traced!!
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 4, 2010 12:23 PM PDT
In reply to: Problem traced!!

JC25,

Glad to hear it worked out, and I'll be sending this information to the appropriate department. Thanks for posting back.

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?