Since off the shelf WiFi would not deliver at 100 meters I think this is one of those "I wish this would work" questions.
I'm going with nope. Not going to happen.
I'm trying to build a portable rig for live streaming events at different venues. Coming from video production world, please assume I am a complete novice and know nothing about networking, protocols, signal paths, etc. I have everything camera / computer / software locked down. I'm only seeking advice on networking best practices. I'm also completely unsure of what hardware is necessary for a rig like this to perform at a professional level, whether it's simply a single router or some wide array of gear.
1) Establish a private, high-bandwidth network for my devices (100m range)
2) Connect to and boost existing wifi network to provide a stable broadcast to host venue's ISP.
I am not interested in bringing my own 4G modems or anything like that until it is absolutely necessary. My goal here is to show up with minimal hardware, establish my own network that my devices instantly recognize, and utilize the host venue's ISP.
- Is it possible to achieve these goals with a single router?
- Do I need to hard-wire into the venue's router or can I achieve this wirelessly?
- Are there specific routers or other hardware that are designed for this type of setup?
I'd love to hear your ideas on how you would build this system!