General discussion

Service Magic rips off contractors

Jun 28, 2006 1:21AM PDT

Contractors beware! There is an Internet company out there called ServiceMagic who claims to find customer leads, which they sell to contractors who join their system. The leads are mostly garbage - extremely expensive garbage - and their customer service policies are terrible. They are not interested in resolving disputes - they only want to collect their money.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Service Magic rips off contractors
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Service Magic rips off contractors
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
and i imagine you're their competition
Jun 28, 2006 1:22AM PDT

so how long do we wait before hit us with your url?

- Collapse -
Nope, just a ripped off customer
Jun 28, 2006 1:33AM PDT

Don't have a URL to give you. And as near as I can tell ServiceMagic doesn't have much competition. I am just a cranked off contractor, who wants to get the word out to others who might be tempted to believe their pitch.

- Collapse -
So,you have no connection to
Jun 28, 2006 1:36AM PDT
- Collapse -
LOL! SPAM ALERT!!!
Jun 28, 2006 1:39AM PDT

How many times have we seen this stuff??? remember EddieAlienware???

- Collapse -
Actually, wasn't there a thread once
Sep 21, 2006 3:37AM PDT

in a similar vein, with the same alleged posters?

- Collapse -
This is that thread?
Sep 21, 2006 3:51AM PDT

Look at the dates of the first couple posts.

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Yes
Sep 21, 2006 3:55AM PDT
- Collapse -
You're right, and the alleged "real" guy
Sep 21, 2006 4:03AM PDT

is the recent poster.

- Collapse -
no. none.
Jun 28, 2006 1:40AM PDT

Didn't even know there was such a company.

- Collapse -
BestContractor.com Responds
Sep 21, 2006 1:25AM PDT

The postings from ''BestContractor'' are not from BestContractors.com. Our company does not post negative comments about our competitors. Our focus is on promoting our quality service and outstanding brand.

- Collapse -
So,
Sep 21, 2006 1:33AM PDT

why has it taken so long for your rebuttal?

- Collapse -
You prove my point
Sep 21, 2006 2:30AM PDT

I'm glad you asked because it proves the point that our company does not use forums, etc. to post negative comments. We do, though, check the search engines occasionally to see where our company is mentioned and who link to us. This is how we learned about this posting.

CNET Forums

Forum Info