Desktops forum

General discussion

Serious and Anoying Problem

by andreim92 / April 6, 2011 4:37 AM PDT

Hi The problem is the following. I had a motherboard m2n68-cm, it broke and the pc shop gave me a M3N78-EH. Today I received it and have some serious problems with it and i want to know whats the problem because i cant tell. I had no problems at all with the M2N. The games and Windows 7 are lagging in waves. these waves are lowering fps and intrerrupting audio .Crysis 2 for example.Every wave is lagging the game for like 7 seconds.its like 10 playable,7 not playable.Its very stressful.The temperatures are ok both GPU and CPU.Mayble the processor is not fitting well...dunno...
Heres the system:
__ASus M3n78-EH
__Ati RAdeon 4770 512 GDDR5 Pci Express x16 2.0
__4 gb Kingston Hyper-X
__AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+ Brisbane 3.1 Ghz
I repeat the problem did not occure on the m2n68-cm Mobo

PS : BIos is up to date,temps are ok...whats the problem?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Serious and Anoying Problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Serious and Anoying Problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I'm missing one thing.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 6, 2011 4:44 AM PDT

When we change motherboards, Windows rarely runs right if the install was from the other board.

Add that installing Windows is far from simple enough yet with drivers that may be out of date with the CD that came with the board.

Here's what I missed in your post -> Is this is the old Windows install?

Collapse -
windows is new
by andreim92 / April 6, 2011 5:02 AM PDT
In reply to: I'm missing one thing.

Nope,this windows was installed when i recieved its with the actual hardware.

Collapse -
by andreim92 / April 6, 2011 5:03 AM PDT
In reply to: I'm missing one thing.

btw ,how do i reply in the same thread?

Collapse -
You just did.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 6, 2011 5:06 AM PDT
In reply to: ??

Ok, so Windows was installed but I'm finding most to not install motherboard and all the lovely drivers. If you feel you did the install proper you have a WARRANTY issue to deal with.

It is possible you tripped over yet another toxic combo of software but I can't know this as there is so little detail in the discussion.

Collapse -
Ok watch this
by andreim92 / April 6, 2011 6:32 AM PDT
In reply to: You just did.
Collapse -
It didn't move?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 6, 2011 6:34 AM PDT
In reply to: Ok watch this

I looked at that screen and see no reason to keep that drive.

Collapse -
so ...
by andreim92 / April 6, 2011 7:12 AM PDT
In reply to: It didn't move?

i guess this is the problem with frames and all the freezing problems?

Collapse -
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 6, 2011 9:32 AM PDT
In reply to: so ...

It certainly doesn't help. And you can't be sure of this till you swap it out but a seller would be in their rights to not swap out a system if that drive was found to be there.

Collapse -
I checked with an external HD.
by andreim92 / April 6, 2011 7:42 PM PDT
In reply to: Pondering.

Well as i said i checked with an external hard drive and the old on still atached and the same problems happen...

I mean the,the windows is on the old one....and i played the game on the external one...does that make any difference?(should it?).

Should i try to replace the internal one with another internal and try again?

All i want to the HD the problem thats causing this?

Collapse -
by jamhelmcor / April 6, 2011 10:20 PM PDT

I think it is time to replace the motherboard.

Collapse -
is the HD the problem thats causing this?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 7, 2011 12:50 AM PDT

You seem to be in a state of denial. You are attempting to justify that a bad HDD is not the cause and we know the test for figuring out if it is.

Since we know that such a drive can cause issues, it is up to you to figure out if you want to tackle the issues or try to change motherboards and hope.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?