Speakeasy forum

General discussion

September 11, 2001

by Josh K / September 10, 2012 9:44 PM PDT

Regardless of ideology or politics, I think we can all join together today to remember the victims, honor the heroes and reflect on the horrific events that we all survived eleven years ago today.

Never forget.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: September 11, 2001
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: September 11, 2001
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) A terrible day..I'll never forget it.
by JP Bill / September 10, 2012 9:57 PM PDT
In reply to: September 11, 2001
Collapse -
For the last three days and today
by TONI H / September 10, 2012 10:30 PM PDT

I have dvr'd every cable channel that have had back to back specials and have been watching all of those shows. There are a few that are repeats from last year, but many that I never saw, including the 'truther' conspiracy ones that make you shake your head over. I didn't realize that they actually have three or four main conspiracies going so if one doesn't 'work', they think the others might...kinda like throwing the spaghetti on the wall to see what sticks...and none of it does. Most of their thinking seems to revolve around the super rich trying to take over properties/real estate...totally whacked when you think about the real estate that got destroyed in order to replace it with WHAT??? Two new buildings (only one will be there now anyhow)? Unless they believe that with the WTC gone all the real estate that surrounded it would be up for grabs....which didn't happen because NYC property owners rebuilt and stayed put. NYC residents are some of the toughest people in the world....you can't just 'scare' them away. If I remember correctly, NYC people were the first to start the "Hey Iran" Mickey Mouse logos with the middle finger in the air during the Iran hostage taking during Carter's term.

It will be a sad day today, but a way to pay tribute to the many heroes of that day...the ones who survived and the ones who fell and the ones who refused to be frightened into leaving that great city.

Collapse -
Only income properties
by James Denison / September 10, 2012 11:36 PM PDT

make sense to hold. Otherwise they are just money pits draining away wealth to cover property taxes and meet zoning requirements, especially in areas requiring regular mowing of lots. If it's not for living on, making a living from such as a farm or timber, or mining, or rental income or some other money producing venture, then investing in real estate, especially in a market that's not showing recovery yet, would be foolish. When property values are rising faster than tax rates, then and only then is it an investment without also producing some form of income.

Collapse -
In memory.......
by Tony Holmes / September 10, 2012 11:26 PM PDT
Collapse -
former moderator tribute site to the day
by James Denison / September 10, 2012 11:48 PM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) God bless the men and women who were there that day
by grimgraphix / September 11, 2012 3:39 AM PDT
Collapse -
What is sometimes called "senseless violence", in a way.
by drpruner / September 11, 2012 6:04 AM PDT

Several Muslims killed in the Towers.
Just like blowing up "holy Quran" whenever a mosque is destroyed by one sect or another.

Jeremiah 10:23- "I well know, O Jehovah, that to earthling man his way does not belong. It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step." And especially not when venturing out to kill.

Collapse -
Boatlift 911
by James Denison / September 11, 2012 2:15 PM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?