Office & Productivity Software forum

General discussion

seperate images?

hi, i have two images of the exactly same size on each word page, and i need between each image 1 inch of space, how would i accomplish that with 180 pages of images? same sized images across the pages Grin thanks alot!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: seperate images?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: seperate images?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Try a table

In reply to: seperate images?

This is not perhaps the best way to organise images in a Word.doc document, but with so many images, (180? wow!), it might help you keep track of them

Inside your word.doc document, decide where you want to place your table. Presumably you will have a header to the document itself, and perhaps some sort of introduction underneath, so the table would be inserted under that.

Goto Table, (in the menu list) > Insert > Table and in the Insert table box, decide how many columns you want, and how many rows. eg if you want 180 rows of pictures with 2 columns, one for the image and the other a description besides it.

Placing the table will need the Center, left, or right command before the table is inserted.

When the table is displayed, you can configure border widths, border styles etc, (eg turning off all borders and/or inside dividers), by highlighting the whole table, then right clicking and selecting "Borders and Shading".

Then you can insert each image inside each cell as you wish.

Hope this helps

Mark

Collapse -
kinda... though table is the first thing i thought of..

In reply to: Re: Try a table

mmm.. it could work.. but.. those images are exported from a PDF document, since each page in a PDF is pretty small, it's a waste of paper to print out every page on one sheet, so i thought of outputting everything and put it in word, now i have two pages on one word document, cuts hte page useage in half.. mmm.. i need something that can be applied to the whole document, since their dimension is all the same, and the way i want them to be on each page are the same (two images a page, 1 inch space between).. i thought there should be a batch command or something, that can be applied to all, since i'm not especially keen on hand moving 360 images (180 word pages..).. Grin thanks alot!

Collapse -
Ouch!

In reply to: kinda... though table is the first thing i thought of..

It gets even worse, 360 images, 180 pages! Happy

Why not google for "converting pdf files". See what you come up with. There may be a program out there that can do what you want.

Good luck,

Mark

Collapse -
Use the printer? Or a macro?

In reply to: kinda... though table is the first thing i thought of..

Define a small page (say half letter) and put each picture on it's own page. Then see if the printer driver has the option to print 2 (small) pages on one letter sized paper. Most printers have the option to print in reduced format (2 pages to 1), but there is no need to reduce here. So it's doubtful, but you might be lucky.

Or use a macro. Loop through all images and put them on the right place on the right page. Swisse might like the opportunity to write a macro in Word in stead of his usual Excel. It's quite something else in this case, I think.

Hope this helps.

Kees

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.