Web Hosting, Design, & Coding forum

General discussion

Seo Improvements

Dear readers,

I'm the developper of http://www.immoproxio.be
As of recently, I have been struggling to get the seo up to decent starndards, which has already been a long process.

Anyone who has any suggestions how for more improvement is always welcome, as I've only got into SEO recently.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Seo Improvements
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Seo Improvements
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
"developper " might be a clue.

In reply to: Seo Improvements

Errors, even simple ones like "developper" could hamper your efforts.

Bob

Collapse -
Constant Analysis

In reply to: "developper " might be a clue.

While you optimize your site for major search engine like Google, make sure to upload sitemap for Google, configure webmaster and keep watch on daily performance and you can very well in a position to do changes which will dramatically increase your website performance.

Collapse -
The hilarity continues.

In reply to: Constant Analysis

"configure webmaster" is where I had to laugh. The webmaster are our office does not like it when we reconfigure him.

Bob

Collapse -
Increasing my pank ranking for www.fb-emoticons.com

I have been having the exact same problem and more and more people keep advising me to pay someone to do a link wheel, does any one know about this at all? If you have any ideas as to how i can improve my search results for fb emoticons

Collapse -
Re: link wheel

In reply to: Increasing my pank ranking for www.fb-emoticons.com

Collapse -
No Link Wheels

In reply to: Increasing my pank ranking for www.fb-emoticons.com

Don't do linkwheels. They don't work in the long run, if at all.

Every new site will have a small amount of link juice (Let's say 1 out of 1000 for a new page). If you create 5 new sites in the link wheel, that's 5 link juice points. But as you start linking the pages to each other and to the main site, you will only transfer up to 5 to the main site. but it'll be much less since it is transferring this to the other sites in the link as well.

You need to bring in external links in order to receive any noticeable change in ranking.

Plus, Google frowns upon link wheels. Instead, build your social media with good content and attract links to your main site with the social media.

If it seems at all like a scam or a way to beat Google, then Google will find it.

Collapse -
Links

You've got only 1-4 links right now. That's your main weakness. I see you have the ability for viewers to share posts. Do you have profiles on major social media pages posting these posts to those pages? This will help spread the content and encourage people to link to the pages.

I didn't look, but make sure the individual content pages don't have Nofollow or noindex meta tags. Search engines won't see these pages.

That's your main weakness right now. Work on building legitimate links.

Collapse -
SEO Improvements

Work on backlinks and maintaining good content and website optimization.

Collapse -
Reposted for patak,.

But without links that violated the forum rules.

--------------------

Hello,

As you are developing a new website, you must ensure to add XML sitemap, Yahoo sitemap, Google/Yahoo/MSN webmaster tools, Google Analytic, proper meta tags, Good content, Robots file etc.

Hope this much will be sufficient for you.

Thanks

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.