Office & Productivity Software forum

General discussion

Sending Word Doc as Attachment through Word and Outlook 2007

by WTwistedM / November 30, 2008 7:46 PM PST

Hi to All

Want to find out something for Word and Outlook 2007. I have both open and what I'm trying to do is to send the document that I already have open as an attachment through Outlook 2007.

The steps I'm taking is creating my document in Word 2007, I save it, then I click the office button to see the menu, go down to "Send" then click on "E-mail".. a New mail message from outlook appears with the document attached, ready to be mailed off. But my question is, while this new mail message is open with the attached doc, I can't seem to go back to outlook. The reason why I need to go back to Outlook is to see who send me a mail requesting the document.

I know that I can close the new mail message, but it was just inconvenient to close it to be able to go back to Outlook.

I tried and tested to see if it does it on all computers, and so far it is..

Any way of disabling this? If, please let me know.

Thanks in Advance

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Sending Word Doc as Attachment through Word and Outlook 2007
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Sending Word Doc as Attachment through Word and Outlook 2007
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Is that the correct option?
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / December 1, 2008 6:47 AM PST

I don't know because I use neither Word 207 or Outlook 2007.

But is the Office button then Send then Email the right combination?

It seems there should be a "Send to mail recipient" somewhere, and that should allow you to open the Address book or Contacts list to find that email address.

Either that, or does the Outlook window have the Address book icon displayed? If so, you can use that.

If this is an email you have received from a source whose email address is not in your Address book, then Outlook will not know that you are trying to send the docx as an email attachment to this person because that email address has not been stored. So I guess the workaround is to save the email address to the clipboard first, then open Word, compose your document then paste that email address into the Outlook window when you invoke it.

Mark

Collapse -
Sending VIA Word 2007
by WTwistedM / December 2, 2008 1:59 AM PST

Personnally I ont use it like this either, which is why I'm on this forum. But to know, when you go through wod en shoose to send, it opens Outlook 2007 New Mail Message, so it actually sends using Outlook. Only quicker to send a doc as an attachment when you already have the document open.

Then comes the problem, when you do want to send it through Word, it happen that you can't go back to outlook unless you close the mail message first.

For which ever reason, when you need to check something in outlook, you can't. Any way of getting it not to do that?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!