Computer Help forum

General discussion

Sending Vidios

I'm wondering if anyone has an answer for me. I've been trying to figure out how to send a home video by email. I have a Kodak Easy Share digital camera, and I use Picasa for my photos. I have no trouble sending photos, but can't send videos. Is it possible to do this?....Maggie

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Sending Vidios
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Sending Vidios
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Depends On The Size Of The File..

In reply to: Sending Vidios

With videos that are made by a Kodak Easy Share camera, the default file is a .mov file.. I've sent quite a few to friends but I don't use the Easy Share software.. Basically, if send the video file as a simple attachment in my e-mail. For some receivers, you may need to ZIP the file to get it past various e-mail program security setups.

Remember though, some of those videos can be fairly large and if you go over the attachment size limit for your ISP, the message won't send.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
Attachment size limit?

In reply to: Depends On The Size Of The File..

How do I find out? Maybe I'll try a zip file. Hopefully that might work. These videos are very short(only about 4 or 5 minutes). Thanks for the help....Maggie

Collapse -
Most ISP's Have Limits On Attachment Size

In reply to: Attachment size limit?

Many have a 10 MB limit while some have as little as 1 or 2 MB limits. Videos can easily be larger than that. You'll need to check with your ISP. Usually the information can be found in the e-mail FAQ's for your ISP account at their website.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
The Size Of The Movoe File..

In reply to: Depends On The Size Of The File..

Please not the size of the Movie file:

I have movie (with sound- A Song) recorded file, which works fine when I play on Widows Media Player & other.

Recorded time shows 5 Minues & 12 seconds.
And file size show its 20MB

So even if I Zip it , still I can not sent via email.

Shewak@gmail.com

Collapse -
Sending large files

In reply to: The Size Of The Movoe File..

Not by email, but there are very simple ways of sending it. Savefile.com, YouSendIt.com, and SendThisFile.com are just some of the ways. I like Savefile because your file stays there untill it hasn't been accessed for 1 month.

Collapse -
20 MB Is Simply Too Large For E-mail..

In reply to: The Size Of The Movoe File..

You'll need to use one of the other methods mentioned by the others...which uploads the file to an online storage site and the receiver can then download it from their location.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
Email attachments - too large

In reply to: 20 MB Is Simply Too Large For E-mail..

For those who won't take the time to go back and read my other posts which have the answer to sending large files, and insist on using email; you can "split" your file into 7MB parts and have the recipient re-assemble the parts when they receive them. Use MASTERSPLITTER to accomplish this.
Have fun.

Collapse -
Just sent something big. But not by email.

I used a service called SENDTHISFILE (use google.com to find it.)

Seems fine.

Bob

Collapse -
I Use This

In reply to: Just sent something big. But not by email.

Collapse -
Sending video by email

Assuming you're using Outlook Express as your email client, (why would anyone use something else?) just open OE, click on the "Attach" button, navigate to your file's location and select it to attach. If the file is larger than 7MB, most servers won't handle it. They say they have a 10MB limit, but my experience is that they add about 2.5 - 3MB of junk to the message which takes you to the 10MB limit. If the file is larger than 7MB you might want to upload it to a free file share/transfer site like Savefile.com where you can upload files as large as 50MB and then send your chosen recipient the address so they can download that file from the Savefile location. Hope this helps.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.