Computer Help forum

General discussion

Sending/recieving Fax doc's via my computer ......

by lylesg / December 13, 2006 3:45 AM PST

using my Fast Access DSL connection(Bellsouth). Bellsouth says it can be done using my external dsl modem. However, while enabling my Window's "Fax Console" program from add/remove, the windows software only recognizes my dial up modem inside my computer, but I do not use dialup now, I use my external dsl modem. Is there a way to get my windows fax software to recognize my dsl modem? The windows fax software defaults to my internal dialup modem and I do not get the option to choose the dsl modem. Bellsouth is absolutely no help on this issue.

OS- XP
Desktop- Compaq
Browser IE-7

Steve

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Sending/recieving Fax doc's via my computer ......
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Sending/recieving Fax doc's via my computer ......
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Internet fax service
by linkit / December 13, 2006 4:25 AM PST
Collapse -
(NT) Thanks.
by lylesg / December 13, 2006 11:12 AM PST
In reply to: Internet fax service
Collapse -
The Top Three
by metrofax / November 30, 2008 9:23 AM PST

The top 3 ranking sites are:

Fax Zero - they offer free faxing but they include an ad on the coverpage. Their paid service seems a bit steep unless you're only doing one or two faxes/mth.

Savetz.com - they review a number of internet fax services.

Metro Fax - an Internet fax company charging a monthly fee. If you send more than 7 faxes per month they would be cheaper than Fax Zero.

Collapse -
faxing via computer
by harrywellskin / January 11, 2010 2:44 PM PST

To send and receive fax via computer, you need to use internet fax provider to convert your faxes into fax files. Some are free but it only provide 1 way service like send or received only for it is free. Check here for different list of internet fax service provider and choose the one that suits your needs. http://www.internetfax101.com.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?