Computer Newbies forum

General discussion

Sending MP3 Wav files

I have problems sending MP3 and wav files. I use outlook express and Mcafee Security.

help!!!

Wally

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Sending MP3 Wav files
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Sending MP3 Wav files
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Hint. Must fit inside the limit set by your ISP.

In reply to: Sending MP3 Wav files

Email messages are usually restricted to 2 megabytes in size.

Bob

Collapse -
To confirn that it is a size problem ...

In reply to: Hint. Must fit inside the limit set by your ISP.

tell more about the error message. There are several solutions to be considered, but I won't go into details before knowing that's the cause indeed.

One point to notice, however. It's against forum policies to help with programs like KaZaa and Limewire, because they are mostly used to do illegal downloading of copyrighted material. By analogy, it should be against the forum policy to help people with distributing copyrighted material if sharing and distributing is not covered by the license they acquired it with.
Can you explain why it's legal in your case (like music you and your rock band made yourself, or license-free music)?

Kees

Collapse -
To confirm that it is a size problem

In reply to: To confirn that it is a size problem ...

Sorry for asking the question. My mistake.

There is no error message. It just shows the file is being sent but I have left it for a day and it still show that it's being send. I hope i have explained the problem. The problem doesn't happen when I send text or photos.

Collapse -
It's very strange, but I'll leave it here.

In reply to: To confirm that it is a size problem

Just one trivial suggestion: burn it to CD and send that by snail mail. Same effect.

Kees

Collapse -
Email ATTachments....

In reply to: Sending MP3 Wav files

I use msn.com Email..I do SEND Email Attachments over my internet connection..My Primary account w/MSN will allow a 10MB File to be SENT..and my Secondary account will only allow a 5MB File to be SENT..
How-ever then there is the website your SENDING the FILE TO:
I have found these websites that accept Attachments to be in a Filesize ERROR..when they state they will accept a 10MB size FILE..you may need to send up to 20-FILES to have them Recieve the 10-MB File size..
I will usually place FILES(wmv)into 500KB size and be sure the CLIPPING was accurate enough to do so..they must be re-assembled at the RECIEVERS side..and then Converted bact to a WHOLE-size complete File package..useing Microsoft Movie Maker 2..I choose a Large Frame conversion..either NTFS(wmv)Large Frame(HQ)..or some Palm Device listing Full Frame File Sizes..these become File Attachments for Email ONLY..
Sending Audio is acceptable in WMA or MP3..WAV files are very large..I would stick to MP3/I have changed from being a WMA-file person..to a MP3 File..
Useing a WAV-editor..you can CUT your Audio in two Pieces or MORE..and useing SAVE AS:choose the MP3 conversion for MY MUSIC Folder..or MY DOCUMENTS..or even your Sound Card might have its own FOLDER..I use simple NUMBERS for the Identity of the Files..No.1,,No.2,,No.3,,No.4 and so on....and a simple Filename for later retrival..like Answ.mach./Congwm/Sound-1/..
I have sound files numbering some 2000 Tracks or more..Filenames have recognizable Titles..but most times I must listen to the whole soundtrack anyway..
..Digital Multimedia is always stuck in REAL TIME.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.