Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Office & Productivity Software forum

General discussion

Sending email end up in Outbox (MS Outlook).

by Gabriela Taradellas / February 26, 2006 10:19 PM PST

I'm sure there is a setting that can fix this, but which?

When I send an email it ends up in the Outbox and doesn't get sent. When hitting send/recieve email, it goes out. Why not in the first place?

Gracias

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Sending email end up in Outbox (MS Outlook).
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Sending email end up in Outbox (MS Outlook).
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
In outlook that's normal.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 26, 2006 10:40 PM PST

The email (in default settings) is sent when email is checked. Here I have mine set to 10 minute intervals.

Bob

Collapse -
Strange
by Gabriela Taradellas / February 27, 2006 2:21 AM PST

Before I reformated the computer it was always sent at the moment I hit the sent button. Now when I hit it it goes to the outbox and I have to hit the send/recieve button for it to be sent.

Gabriela

Collapse -
Why not look around to see what setting you want?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 27, 2006 2:39 AM PST
In reply to: Strange

Somewhere there is a send now box.

Bob

Collapse -
Found it.
by Gabriela Taradellas / February 27, 2006 4:30 AM PST

If anyone else has the same problem here's the solution:

"You might have specified that messages not be sent until the next send/receive. On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Mail Setup tab. Select the Send immediately when connected check box so that a message is sent when you click Send in the message."

Gabriela

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Good job. Thanks for posting back.
by Kees Bakker / February 27, 2006 3:56 PM PST
In reply to: Found it.
Collapse -
Sending email from Outlook end up in Outbox
by susien428 / June 26, 2006 11:42 PM PDT

Every time I tried to forward something using MS Outlook it ended up in the Outbox and I couldn't get it out. It made me so mad but I am no longer mad- I have gone back to Outlook Express which doesn't do stupid things like that. If only there was a perfect email program - if there is- please let me know!

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!