Computer Help forum

General discussion

"send to menu" doesn't work under xp64

I may be missing something really obvious here but here goes:
I am running xp64. I use Outlook with Word 2003 as my mail editor. Under the "send to" menu I have a "mail recipient" entry. When I try and use this it opens Outlook Express. I want it to open Outlook as it does in "normal" xp. I can see no way of changing this so have removed Outlook Express thinking it may default to Outlook. Wrong! I have opened both my "send to" folders, (1 under administrator - me, and 1 under default user), and added not only a shortcut to mail.oft but have copied mail.oft in there too, (mail.oft appears to be a template for new message under outlook using word as my editor). Both work fine when opened from the send to folders but neither appear when right clicking on anything and scrolling down to send to. I know this may seem a minor issue but I send a lot of pictures out and this is, was, the easiest way. Any help greatly appreciated.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: "send to menu" doesn't work under xp64
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: "send to menu" doesn't work under xp64
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Just a fyi.

In reply to: "send to menu" doesn't work under xp64

Press Start, Run, and enter SENDTO to see the noted items. Now examine the properties of each item to see what's amiss.

Bob

Collapse -
First go to the

In reply to: "send to menu" doesn't work under xp64

Internet Options, and make sure in the Programs list that Outlook is set as the Default email program.

Now go to the SendTo folder, right click the Mail Recipient choice, choose Properties, and make sure that the path is to Outlook.exe and not OE.exe...you may have to use the browse button to locate the Outlook.exe location.

Mine is in Program Files/MS Office/Office

TONI

Collapse -
Or...if you have multiple

In reply to: First go to the

'email recipient' type shortcuts in the menu, open each one and then delete the ones that don't go to Outlook itself, since there are some email programs that add to the list and you may have couple to choose from and you are just clicking the wrong one.

TONI

Collapse -
No joy..

In reply to: Or...if you have multiple

Sorry for not posting sooner. Tried all replies here and stillno joy.. If I open the "send to" folder and double click my mial recipient shortcut it willopen a new mail message. If I try to use it normally ie right click a photo for example then click mail recipient nothing happens. My shortcuts to outlook.exe dont even appear on this menu.. Getting a little anti xp 64!!!

Collapse -
Did you call it in?

In reply to: No joy..

XP 64 is still in the less than 1% user base so irritations like this may not be out there.

Ask mother about it.

Bob

Collapse -
Not sure..

In reply to: Did you call it in?

This XP 64 thing is odd!! Nice to have a challenge every now and then but every time you switch the damn thing on is a bit much.. To add insult to injury I think I may have a flakey M/B too. Don't see as there is any point in having a 64 bit cpu without a 64 bit o/s so I guess I will plod on. One last question though - is it just my XP 64 build or has everyone got this problem? (5.2, build 3790).

Collapse -
Haven't heard of a sendto issue.

In reply to: Not sure..

Works fine on the ones I've used.

Anyhow, flakey hardware and Windows doesn't make a good mix.

-> Mother would have a better shot at this one. Call it in.

Bob

Collapse -
send to

In reply to: Haven't heard of a sendto issue.

send to doesn't work right clicking on pics in xp home

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.