Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Send To Error Message

When i try to use the Right Click Send To in My Pictures i get the following Error Message.(This file does not have a programme associated with it for performing this action.Create a association in the folder option control panel)The Send To works everywhere else exept My Pictures how do i associate a programe with it.Thanks foe any help.BoB.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Send To Error Message
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Send To Error Message
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Send To Error Message

In reply to: Send To Error Message

Try...

Start>Run and type REGSVR32 SHIMGVW.DLL

If that doesn't cure it, look up IEFIX on google.com which will fix many IE/OE issues.

Bob

PS. I do not have a Windows ME machine to test this on. Sorry. All gone.

Collapse -

In reply to: Re: Send To Error Message

Robert thanks for your reply.When i Send To from My Pictures it will send exept to the Printer which is what i want to do.If i try to send to the Printer i get the Error message mentioned in my first post,I tried typing what you said in the Run menu but i got a message saying Windows can not find this file.So i done a search in files and folders but that did not find anything either.Thanks BoB.

Collapse -

1. I can't tell what you can't find. REGSVR32 or the dll.

2. I didn't read if you fetched IEFIX you find with google.com and used it.

As such, I'm unsure what I can do for you.

Bob

Collapse -

Robert.i went into Run and typed REGSVR32SHIMGVW.DLL as mentioned in your reply is this all one word or have i typed it wrong.Thank You.BoB.

Collapse -

REGSVR32SHIMGVW.DLL

is not

REGSVR32 SHIMGVW.DLL

I doublechecked and my first post has the needed space.

I'm still unsure if you used IEFIX.

Bob

Collapse -

Robert i retyped in Run with the Space and i got a message saying(DLLRegisterServer in shimgvw.dll Succeeded) my Send To the Printer now Works.I had not noticed there was a space.Thank you Robert i am now a very happy to have this problem sorted.Thanks Again BoB.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Re: Send To Error Message

In reply to: Send To Error Message

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!