Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Senator Clinton accepts money from supporters of Iranian Mul

by Mark5019 / January 20, 2006 6:24 AM PST

Yonkers, NY ? Senator Clinton has accused President Bush of downplaying the threat from Iran while accepting money from supporters of the Iranian regime.

Wealthy businessmen Hassan Nemazee and Faraj Aalaei are associated with the American Iranian Council, a pro-regime anti-sanctions group. According to the Center for Responsive Politics, Namazee has contributed $4,000 to Clinton's reelection while Aalaei has given $1,000.

The press describes their lobby this way "the American-Iranian Council [AIC], a pro-regime lobbying group trying to get Congress and the Bush administration to lift the trade embargo on Iran." (Insight, 3/25/04)

Hillary Clinton is also raising money from Gati Kashani, another figure linked with the Mullahs.

On its website, the Iranian American PAC noted, "On Friday June 3rd, Iranian American friends of the Hillary Clinton Senate re-election campaign hosted a fundraising event in honor of Senator Clinton. The event took place at the home of Gita and Behzad Kashani in Los Altos Hills, California."

http://www.joinspencer.com/site/c.euLPK3MNItG/b.998441/apps/nl/content2.asp?content_id={40165E58-EDE2-4A31-9AA9-5EF41C60F37D}&notoc=1%22

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Senator Clinton accepts money from supporters of Iranian Mul
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Senator Clinton accepts money from supporters of Iranian Mul
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
As her husband demonstrated
by dirtyrich / January 20, 2006 11:31 AM PST

the Clintons have no enemies when money is involved.

Collapse -
This one must be
by Glenda / January 20, 2006 2:40 PM PST

keeping the SE liberals busy looking for links to stories about Republicans that took money too! LOL
Must be hard to find as none have posted yet]:)

Collapse -
Give me a break
by Diana Forum moderator / January 20, 2006 8:28 PM PST
In reply to: This one must be

It's too easy. Don't have to look any further than Abramhoff and all the videos.

Diana

Collapse -
Just a bit diff
by Glenda / January 21, 2006 1:35 AM PST
In reply to: Give me a break

than taking money from terrorist supporters!

Collapse -
Response
by JP Bill / January 21, 2006 3:02 AM PST
In reply to: Just a bit diff

than taking money from terrorist supporters!

I suppose they could give the money to the terrorists, they would put it to good use.

Collapse -
well if they take money from terriost groups
by Mark5019 / January 21, 2006 4:15 AM PST
In reply to: Response

seems to me thats an andorsement of that groups intentions.
so in the end its the same

Collapse -
I was talking about the Republicans
by Diana Forum moderator / January 21, 2006 3:18 AM PST
In reply to: Just a bit diff

being so pure and noble.

Diana

Collapse -
Why Thank you:)
by Glenda / January 21, 2006 3:19 AM PST

We are]:)

Collapse -
lol as others have said
by Mark5019 / January 21, 2006 1:57 AM PST
In reply to: Give me a break

seems taking money from the terriosts seems bad to me
but then some here think bill was an honerable man, didnt mind his adultery, lieing and such.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Isn't that true of most politicians?
by Diana Forum moderator / January 20, 2006 8:22 PM PST
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Are you recruiting for a politician?
by JP Bill / January 20, 2006 7:30 PM PST
Collapse -
never i just show links
by Mark5019 / January 21, 2006 1:58 AM PST

im to honest

Collapse -
Response
by JP Bill / January 21, 2006 2:54 AM PST

I don't know what you see when you click on the link you provided, but I get a page asking people to donate and support some person named Spencer.

If you check the url in your first post it is not displayed properly.

Here is where your link takes me

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) wasnt like that when i posted
by Mark5019 / January 21, 2006 2:56 AM PST
Collapse -
if you explore the link further...
by grimgraphix / January 21, 2006 2:57 AM PST

the "news flash" about Ms. Clinton is a press release from the Spencer campaign.

grim

Collapse -
All that signifies is that you...
by Edward ODaniel / January 21, 2006 6:11 AM PST

failed to notice that the entire URL was not present because the forum software cut off a portion of it.

Had you simply noted the fact and copied and pasted the entire link you too would have seen the article (press release) linked to.

The failure here is yours so don't complain about it to others who have no control over your actions or inactions.

Collapse -
I think it a bit less then credible
by grimgraphix / January 21, 2006 2:26 AM PST

When Hillary's opponent - Republican candidate John Spencer - and his web site, is used as a news source to make accusations about links to terrorists.

I'm no fan of Ms. Clinton's but at least quote some one with a bit of journalistic integrity. I mean whats next? quoting campaign TV commercials as news?

I'd like to think the fine people on SE are better than this.

grim

Collapse -
your right
by Mark5019 / January 21, 2006 2:58 AM PST

some here in se think bill clinton wasnt impeached , i know its dif subject but with that mindset shows how they will care who hilliry gets support from

Collapse -
Why less than credible?
by Edward ODaniel / January 21, 2006 6:05 AM PST

The press release provided all the information necesary to anyone interested in proving its accuracy or inaccuracy.

As it happens anywhere you care to check supports the accuracy of the press release. Here is but one of many:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=43267

Matter of fact Insight Magazine has another article showing how much Joe Biden has taken from the same group.
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1571/is_11_18/ai_84184979

"When we learned that Sen. Biden was planning to hold a fund-raiser at the California home of Dr. Sadegh Namazi-khah, we immediately contacted his office to express our dismay," a prominent Iranian-American activist tells INSIGHT. Why dismay? "Dr Namazi-khah is well-known in the Los Angeles area for his support of the ruling clerical regime in Tehran and is one of the regime's leading unofficial lobbyists in America. We thought that Sen. Biden might not know his background. Getting the chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee to appear at this event will certainly be seen by the regime in Tehran as a show of support."

On the eve of the fund-raiser, which brought an estimated $30,000 into Biden's re-election coffers, a Biden staffer told the activist that the senator's staff "had all the facts necessary to make a decision," and he was planning to attend the fund-raiser despite the protests.

John Kerry likes them a lot also:
http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:6WFbbBLjcnoJ:www.insightmag.com/main.cfm%3Finclude%3Ddetail%26storyid%3D622667+%22the+American-Iranian+Council%22+with+%22Clinton%22&hl=en

Matter of fact, there are a whole lot of the ultra left "progressives" who are infatuated with the pro-mullah American-Iranian Council -
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=42384

Collapse -
Forgot to refference this source ed
by grimgraphix / January 21, 2006 6:17 AM PST
Collapse -
Of course,
by duckman / January 21, 2006 6:50 AM PST

if you can't debate a point ----

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Made me laugh there DM
by grimgraphix / January 21, 2006 6:52 AM PST
In reply to: Of course,
Collapse -
I wanted you...
by Edward ODaniel / January 21, 2006 7:23 AM PST

to explore some NEW references you don't normally make use of.

You have already shown us your familiarity with and acceptance of anything on that specific site as well as your other favorite that you appear to quote from. http://www.bsnews.org/articles/103

Collapse -
LOL
by grimgraphix / January 21, 2006 10:52 AM PST
In reply to: I wanted you...
Collapse -
Hey, the Clintons seem to have a pattern
by dirtyrich / January 22, 2006 2:20 AM PST

of accepting and giving aid to established enemies of the state (terrorists, China, etc.). The Republicans at least try to further US interests (which may or may not work out), but the Clintons have no problem with selling out themselves and the country for their own personal gain.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!