Really not effective. Also skip the goofy 'vacuum tube' models LOL. Silly fluff.
For dialogue at typical distances you will not necessarily have too much trouble finding one that suits your needs. Anything else requires a bit more trial and error IME. Buying from Amazon, given their very liberal return policy, would allow you to do lots of testing/returning until you found one that met your standards.
Though honestly, if you are going to spend $400+, why not look at a real surround speaker system & AV receiver? You are halfway home.
Hello. I am looking at getting a home theatre soundbar for movies and streaming music. I have read reviews (confusing) and have narrowed it down to the following, based upon prices on Ebay and Amazon. Can anyone make a suggestion? Need to have clear dialogue.
1. Bose CineMate 1 SR-no bluetooth for streaming, not newest model. 2.1?
2. Yamaha YSP 2500-sound projector, good surround? 5.1
3. Polk MagniFi--dialogue setting? 3.1?
4. Samsung HW-H750-tube amplifier.
5. Vizio SB 4051-5.1-2 satellite speakers wired to wireless subwoofer.
6. Definitive Technology SoloCInema Studio, 5.1
7. Definitive Technology SoloCinema XTR 5.1
Suggestions? Looking to keep it around $400.00, incl. used.