Peripherals forum

General discussion

Seiko Smart printer ?

by Willy / May 5, 2005 1:53 PM PDT

Have a client with an older smart printer SL-200 from Seiko. Wants to know if the Dymo label printers uses the same type of labels? I do know the Seiko labels are for thermal paper media. Can he use Dymo labels in a Seiko printer. Can't seem to get a straight answer on the Dymo labels specs. TIA -----Willy

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Seiko Smart printer ?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Seiko Smart printer ?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I'll write no.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 5, 2005 9:49 PM PDT
In reply to: Seiko Smart printer ?

While my best is the thermal material (the printing surface) is the same, slight tweaks such as how they encode TOP OF FORM or END OF FORM so the printer knows how to stop spewing the lable as well as mechanical differences (spool size) make this... unlikely.

You could buy one roll and try it out.

-> Here's why no answer. It's an under 10 buck item and there is no support today for paper supplies on the help desk. Also, such a question falls flat at the support desk since its not unlike calling Ford to ask if the GM starter fits on your Ford. They would never try it.

Bob

Collapse -
Figures...
by Willy / May 5, 2005 11:38 PM PDT
In reply to: I'll write no.

I had the same thoughts, this guy really loves that little printer. Since about the only common labels found in the local shops are for Dymo and his aren't common anymore, he wondered. Of course, I did mention google for an online label vendor. I guess he's low on labels or he finally gotten through the pile others left behind. Thanks -----Willy

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Typo. I meant "bet", not best...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 5, 2005 11:47 PM PDT
In reply to: I'll write no.
Collapse -
It's mine now, gee what a gift
by Willy / May 8, 2005 9:21 PM PDT

The guy has moved on to a Dymo printer. Rather than fight it and the infrequent use(odd, seems more) the cost isn't a problem. Now, I have a great little dodad for my 3-ring binders to ID them. I get alot of gifts or "ifs" of devices. Thanks -----Willy

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!