Samsung forum

General discussion

Seemingly a bug in internet @ tv

by popen_sarp / August 20, 2010 7:29 AM PDT

I am using Samsung Series 8 LED TV (UA46B8000XR) and I think there is a bug in the internet@tv software. I have upgraded to the latest firmware available (ver.2005.0).
Recently I tried to install Facebook widget and due to a rather slow internet connection the downloading took a bit longer than other widgets. However during the downloading phase the whole internet@tv disappears. I think it is a feature to exit internet@tv when the user is idle. However if I keep pressing different keys while it is downloading, it does not exit

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Seemingly a bug in internet @ tv
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Seemingly a bug in internet @ tv
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Seemingly a bug in internet @ tv
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 20, 2010 7:55 AM PDT

popen_sarp,

Thanks for reporting your experiences. I'll be happy to pass this information to the appropriate department. However, I haven't heard too many instances of this happening, so it may just be due to the slower connection.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Another issue
by popen_sarp / August 20, 2010 8:43 AM PDT

Thank you for the fast response and reporting this issue.
There's another issue by which some people and I are affected. ( see http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Picasa/thread?tid=30db307dd3023d0f&hl=en )

The problems is that I have installed Picasa widget and registered a Picasa account in the Account Management page.
When I use a Picasa account whose password only consists of 8 digits everything works fine. But when I use another Picasa account whose password is 17 chars long with mixed cases + digits + "]#[" characters, despite that the Account Management page confirms the correctness of the username/password, the Picasa widget tells they are incorrect. Also in the latter case (longer more complicated password) and unlike the former case, in the Account Management page, under the password column, my username is shown instead of asterisks.

Collapse -
Another issue
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 22, 2010 9:54 AM PDT
In reply to: Another issue

popen_sarp,

I'll be happy to look into it. However, we don't design the outlay of the individual Apps, so it may need to be something reported back to Picasa directly. They own and author the widget. I'll see if I can send this up through my channels, but would also encourage you to inquire with Picasa as well.

--HDTech

Collapse -
bump
by popen_sarp / August 21, 2010 5:41 AM PDT

bump

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.