Office & Productivity Software forum

Question

Searching Persian digit strings in pdf files

by Daesh / March 10, 2012 1:31 AM PST

Searching for Persian/Farsi digit strings containing slash symbol, say, 1825/10, 06/0302, 0901/05, 70/1034 and the like in Persian/Farsi .pdf documents produced from WORD 2007 documents with Adobe Acrobat 9 Professional on a Windows 7 Ultimate x64 system, unaccountably, fails to find them, in spite of the fact that they (the said digit strings) are clearly in the documents! It just locates the whole numbers such as 5079, 2323, 4452 but not numbers with slash symbol such as 0304/01 or 20/4922!
How can I make it find the digit strings containing slash symbol? Thank you in advance for your prompt help.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Searching Persian digit strings in pdf files
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Searching Persian digit strings in pdf files
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
(NT) And you tried other PDF software?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 10, 2012 8:50 AM PST
Collapse -
yes, I tried other ones as well
by Daesh / March 10, 2012 3:02 PM PST

yes, I tried other ones as well, but the problems resisted and was in place again. Still, I downloaded some pdf files from the Internet, for instance, here at: http://www.saba.org.ir/dore-amozeshi-fa.html
they were working properly, that is, they had no the problem said.

Collapse -
There are issues with PDF searches.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 19, 2012 9:00 AM PDT

The author could have restrictions on selecting text and blocking copy/paste which has UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES.

Which is why you contact the PDF AUTHOR when this happens.
Bob

Collapse -
I think he is the author of ...
by Kees_B Forum moderator / March 19, 2012 9:07 AM PDT

said Word 2007 documents, and made the pdf with his own Acrobat 9. So what should he ask himself? Now he asks us, but I'm afraid that leads to nothing.

I think he can better ask Adobe, because as I understand the question their Acrobat makes something their own reader can't find when searching for it.

Kees

Collapse -
If that is so
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 19, 2012 9:10 AM PDT

I'd have to look at Acrobat's pdf maker settings. I've found too many turn on all those copy protections and then complain.
Bob

Collapse -
I myself am the author
by Daesh / March 19, 2012 2:43 PM PDT
In reply to: If that is so

First off, hello dear Bob and Kees. Thank you very much indeed for kindly following up the case.

Dear Bob, ad dear Kess said, I myself am the author and have no restrictions whatever. I raised the problem in Adobe Forum, but there was no any help, to my chagrin. I myself am sort of suspicious of something in Acrobat's settings, but I can't find out what and where it is.

Warm regards

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?