Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

scumware utilites (revised)

by dyspyzthespyz / July 14, 2005 4:50 AM PDT
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: scumware utilites (revised)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: scumware utilites (revised)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
thank you for the list.
by dawillie / July 14, 2005 8:01 AM PDT

hope you have it handy when the question is asked.

hope also you do not mind if others, like me use it if a question is asked here.

not using my PC at the moment but when it is back I plan to 'save' to my H/D as it is valuable and I can repost the information.

Excellent piece of research.

thank you .

david

Collapse -
thanks
by dyspyzthespyz / July 14, 2005 8:10 AM PDT

yes, thats why i had put it in just for reference for others to use if they choose to, just nice having everything in one posting....and for anyone else, feel free to post what ever i had missed, these are all just general suggestions. Wink

Collapse -
Sorry
by littlegeneral / July 14, 2005 12:22 PM PDT
Collapse -
coolness
by dyspyzthespyz / July 14, 2005 12:48 PM PDT
In reply to: Sorry

thanks for putting that in, that is one that i don't read up alot on, im glad you popped in to add the link and the price, thank you Wink
if anyone else has anymore that i didn't think of, forgot, or just plain overlooked, put em in...that way the forum can have one big ol positng of great, legitmate softwares, free or not, although, i did not add any Antivirus (paid subscription) just do to the fact that there are way to many and not everyone likes this or that so i just stuck to the free ones, again, thank you for adding that.... Wink

Collapse -
We have got
by roddy32 / July 14, 2005 1:00 PM PDT
In reply to: coolness

the anti-parasite suite also which we keep bumping up but it needs to be cleaned up and updated. We have talked about it but have not had the time. The main problem with this is that the thread gets all bloated so in reality, we need to make something like this up but lock it so it doesn't get bloated like the other one and we can update it and bump it when need be. Whenever somebody has a good program to add to it, they can either post it in a new thread and we will check it out and add it as an extra post to the original and then delete the other extra thread. Moderators can lock, unlock and delete posts but we can't edit them so that would be the best way to do it IMO. This is the thread I'm talking about.
http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6132-0.html?forumID=32&threadID=1313&messageID=15002

Collapse -
i see what you mean
by dyspyzthespyz / July 14, 2005 1:07 PM PDT
In reply to: We have got

hey, if you want this one, it might save some work, go ahead and take it... i like to try and do this on every forum im on to have a communal post for others to use...it belongs to the forum... Happy

Collapse -
That is a good possibility. It might be
by roddy32 / July 14, 2005 1:12 PM PDT
In reply to: i see what you mean

another 2 or 3 weeks before we get to it due to other circumstances that have nothing to do with the forum but they involve time but we won't get it lost in the meantime. I KNOW you spent a lot of time on it, especially the way the code is on this forum software. LOL I am gone for tonight, have a good one.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) you as well.... :D
by dyspyzthespyz / July 14, 2005 1:29 PM PDT
Collapse -
Thanks for the revised list. I failed to...
by tobeach / July 14, 2005 3:17 PM PDT
In reply to: coolness

bookmark the last and like the golden needle in the haystack....When it gets edited and pinned someone please add the Housecalls Java Version:
http://uk.trendmicro-europe.com/enterprise/products/housecall_launch.php
and perhaps (I think) CCleaner deserves a link too because of it superior history cleaning and unreal speed, ease of frequent up-dating(over writes old while keeping settings):http://www.CCleaner.com/
I was/am amazed at the amount of work you've put in and again warn you to be carefull they don't tatoo a red M on you! Thanks again! Happy

Collapse -
i have them on now
by dyspyzthespyz / July 15, 2005 1:47 AM PDT

i just don't know where to input the new list as not to innodate the system resources, i just wish that i could go back and edit my original posting...;)

Collapse -
Surely some Moderator can figure a way.
by glenn30 / July 15, 2005 4:18 AM PDT
In reply to: i have them on now

If the forums will not accomodate an edit then just post again and let them do as they wish with the first one (or the second one). I for one would really like to see your updated version. Happy

Best of luck!

Glenn

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Better & Better !! Thanks!
by tobeach / July 15, 2005 6:18 AM PDT
In reply to: i have them on now
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) you're welcome... ;-)
by dyspyzthespyz / July 15, 2005 6:38 AM PDT
Collapse -
scumware utilites (newly revised)
by dyspyzthespyz / July 15, 2005 5:26 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Thanks... saved to disk! :)
by glenn30 / July 15, 2005 5:38 AM PDT
Collapse -
no problem
by dyspyzthespyz / July 15, 2005 5:49 AM PDT

i just hope i didnt step on forum toes when i did this, hopefully they don't get too upset with me... Happy

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) bump
by phil66 / July 18, 2005 6:11 AM PDT
In reply to: no problem
Collapse -
DiamondCS TDS - 3
by dyspyzthespyz / July 24, 2005 3:05 PM PDT

is no longer supported and updates, it has been removed on my current listing that i am now updating for future posting.....

Collapse -
Has anyone ever tried NOD32
by cnd / September 27, 2005 11:17 PM PDT

I was wondering if anyone has ever used NOD32 Anti-virus remover.
The website (http://www.nod32.com/home/home.htm)
People keep telling me that it's better than the more well known Anti-Virus Programs.
Well before I buy I would like to know if anyone here has tried it. Or know anything about it,

Thanx for anyhelp

Collapse -
re-nod32
by randphenry / October 3, 2005 4:43 AM PDT

I HAVE BEEN USING NOD32 FOR 3 WEEKS AND AM PRETTY IMPRESSED .WOULD RECOMMEND TO ANYONE.IT USES LITTLE PC RESOURSES AND IS EASY TO SET UP AND RUN.IT ALSO HAS A VERY HIGH DETECTION RATE'WHICH IS THE MOST IMPORTANT.
Rick Henry

Collapse -
A very well prepared list
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / July 21, 2005 1:35 AM PDT

I am very impressed with the way you have set this out dyspyzthespyz. It is an easy to read and uncluttered list of links.

There may be other software answers around, as has been suggested in other posts in this thread, but you will never get them all.

If you don't mind, I will bookmark this for reference elsewhere in the forums if I ever need it.

Great work.

Mark

Collapse -
thank you Mark
by dyspyzthespyz / July 21, 2005 2:18 AM PDT

i coded it to be uncluttered to the best of my ability that the forum software could read and allow, by all means, bookmark it (the second one is better "newly revised") so to give a point of reference as long as they have them, as certain apps change, usually the links stay the same. again, thank you and enjoy, Happy

Collapse -
You forgot Fortego's All-Seeing Eye!?
by SecurityBuff / July 21, 2005 10:43 PM PDT

I'm very surprised you didn't include "All-Seeing Eye" from Fortego Security (http://www.fortego.com/ase) in your list?

It's a very advanced, efficient, yet easy to use utility of the latest generation of anti-spyware tools, i.e. proactive intrusion detection tools.

It was even described as "miles ahead of tools like Adaware and Spybot S&D" by CNET's Ian Kayne in his recent online course "Combatting Spyware and Spam".

I can really recommend it to anyone who's serious about their computers safety, it's in a category (and in my opinion, league) of its own. I myself could hardly live without it anymore anyway.

Collapse -
I can't find anything
by bglover51 / July 22, 2005 9:27 AM PDT

on the Web about this product besides the developer's site.

It appears to be a useful program for someone as security concious as most of us. It also appears to have been in development a while. Yet, I can't find any reviews of this product.

If you could point me to some literature I would like to investigate it more. I would much appreciate it.

Collapse -
the only two
by dyspyzthespyz / July 22, 2005 9:46 AM PDT
In reply to: I can't find anything
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) If you test... how about posting results & opinion? :)
by glenn30 / July 22, 2005 10:26 AM PDT
In reply to: the only two
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) you bet :D
by dyspyzthespyz / July 22, 2005 10:58 AM PDT
Collapse -
well for the tip of the iceberg
by dyspyzthespyz / July 22, 2005 11:14 AM PDT

"Please note that several additional tools are currently being developed to be added to the program, it is currently just a limited beta version."

uugggg, i really hate betas, the sole reason why i took msas off my system. with no focal point of referense, i do not know what to compare data with, but im gonna bombard it with what i have and have a good read at the eula, also, taking a snap shot of the registry before and right after download, including running a hijack this scan to keep a logfile on hand before and after as well, so far by what i have seen, im not all that impressed with it, it has a lot of bells and whistles but something about it seems very familiar....i cant put my finger on it just yet, i still haven't contacted eric yet.

Collapse -
You forgot another goodie
by BillKo / July 21, 2005 11:57 PM PDT

You fogot one--it's PREVX an intrusion protection utility.I've been using their free version PREVXHome and it works just great (so far!).

Collapse -
a real interesting one
by dyspyzthespyz / July 22, 2005 1:29 PM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?