General discussion

Script Error: Do you want to run scipt on this?

I get this message when I switch from the three browsers that I have,. It just started the Browers that I have are Verizon with MSN, Internet Explorer 8, and Mozilla Firefox.

I just started getting this on my Desktop Acer Aspire AX1300 Seral number: PTSCC0X001923026BF3000, Windows Vista Home Premium ( 32-bit). The ISP porvider is Verizon with MSN Premium.
I have had the PC for 9 months and it just started. I have followed all the recomindations from Microsoft and also Googled it with no resolve.
Misrosoft says just say no and I do and I still get it.
Question can this be Fixed?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Script Error: Do you want to run scipt on this?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Script Error: Do you want to run scipt on this?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Tell us more

As I understand it script errors usually occur in Internet Explorer, (IE), when the browser comes across a script on a web page that it doesn't understand. We usually suggest going to IE > Tools > Internet Options, then the Advanced tab, then look for;

Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer), and
Disable script debugging (Other),

and tick each, then click Apply/OK. That should prevent the message displaying

However I am not sure what you mean where you say you get a script error when you switch from the three browsers you have. What does that mean?

Switch in what way? Any Windows operating system can have different browser windows open at the same time, and they work independently of each other.

What do the script errors say?

Mark

- Collapse -
Script Error

As I said I use three differant browsers.
The first Browser Window to the internet i use is MSN check my mail then close out, that is when one script erro " Do I want to continue to use script error for this page there is no page showing except my walpaper. Then I open Mozilla Fire Fox to open my Gmail email then close out and another Script error is on my walpaper saying the same error massage, then I open IE 8 and check the email at Verizon close out and another script error. In the explorer in advanced the Script debugging ( internet explorer ) is disabled and the script debugging ( other ) is also disabled.
I still get the script errors.
So no one can help with this!!!!

- Collapse -
Script Errors

I found out that the script error " Do you want to run script for this page," is from running " The Weather Channel " free program at start up. I sent a feedback message about this error.
I still do not know how to resolve this.
Thanks for any reply to this in advance.

ED ( spinach1948 )

- Collapse -
Ahh, good find.

Nice work Ed.

We have often had reports of Weather Channel software problems over the years. There's no easy solution, especially if you really want that software installed.

The difficult options are to uninstall the software completely, or you can try removing the software from the Startup list. Do that this way;

1] Do you have the Run command shortcut displaying in your Start menu? If not, open Start and in the Search box type in Run. A link should display at the top. Click that to open the Run command.

2] Type in msconfig and click OK. (For clarity, that's MSCONFIG).

3] Goto the Startup tab and look down the list for any Weather Channel entry.

4] Remove the tick, click Apply then OK. At next boot up this will not load on startup, but I suspect the script error will still appear every time you run the software manually.

Mark

- Collapse -
The Weather Channel

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the sugestion I will go it a Go.

ED

- Collapse -
The New Weather Channel

Hi Mark and evervone,

I have download a New Weather Channel that is Visa Compatible and no longer get script errors. There is also a new Weather Channel that is suppose to be compatible with Windows 7 check it out.

ED ( Spinach1948 )

- Collapse -
Good work,

and thanks for letting us know.

Mark

- Collapse -
(NT) yes

CNET Forums

Forum Info