General discussion

Screen scroll

Mar 26, 2005 6:44PM PST

How do I change my screen from scrolling down with the mouse to using the bar at the side of the screen. I now get a wave effect instead of the normal default when I scroll down a page with the mouse. Can anybody help !

Discussion is locked

Reply to: Screen scroll
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Screen scroll
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
- Collapse -
Do u mean mouse wheel?
Mar 27, 2005 1:50AM PST

If you are having trouble scrolling using a mouse wheel just simply click on the up or down arrows on the scroll bar or click on the bar and drag. If you mean you cant use your mouse by clicking as above then simply use the up or down arrows on your key board.

- Collapse -
scroll problem
Mar 31, 2005 5:35PM PST

I think he has the same prob as I do, when I scroll the web page down the page moves in waves and not straight down. Its very anoying and I dont know how to change it. Can u help?

- Collapse -
scroll wave
Jul 23, 2005 10:33AM PDT

Did you figure this out? I have the same problem.

- Collapse -
Mar 31, 2005 5:40PM PST

...At Internet Options>Advanced, check or uncheck - (yes, if it is checked, then uncheck, and vice versa.) smooth scrolling. Reboot.

- Collapse -
(NT) wave effect when scorlling window xp
Dec 20, 2008 7:58AM PST

CNET Forums

Forum Info