Question

Screen going black for a second and GPU usage going 0-100%

May 28, 2018 1:40AM PDT

Got a new pc 6 months ago works fine. 2 weeks ago the screen starts freezing up and going black (but the monitor is still on) while playing games the screen goes black and then on again but the game crashes. I installed new drivers even a new bios nothing changed. Tested ram with memtest no errors what so ever still nothing. Here are screenshots of performance while gaming:

https://imgur.com/a/tVPgfhX

As you can see it's consantly spiking up and down. And games i should be able to play at max settings no problem run barely at 10fps.
And it's not just games the system even while idling does the same thing. Sometimes ti freezes up so bad i have to restart. So any ideas what could it be and how to fix it?
Here are the specs:

https://pastebin.com/GUnsaSZW

Post was last edited on May 28, 2018 1:40 AM PDT

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Screen going black for a second and GPU usage going 0-100%
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Screen going black for a second and GPU usage going 0-100%
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
video cam
May 28, 2018 2:15AM PDT

You leaving that on all the time? Test with it unplugged?

Maybe you should go back to the previous NVideo driver files.

- Collapse -
the problem is still there even with the cam unplugged
May 28, 2018 3:25AM PDT

Yes i do but the problem persists even with the cam unplugged.
I will try going to older nvidia drivers. I will also try reinstalling windows because when i did a windows update 2 days ago the problem went away but when i started the pc up again the problem came back.

CNET Forums

Forum Info