General discussion

Screen goes white

I purchased a samsung LCD TV model LN32A450C1DXZA manufactured
Oct 2008
on December 18 2008 ..Serial Number B4693CDQA16151L Version CN03..I purchased after selling my Olevia because of picture quality and reliability of the Samsung product range..Unfortunately that was not to be ..The screen started to go white recently and the outline of the figures were pale..Touching the frame at the top and pushing it backward would restore the picture temporarily..This has gotten progressively worse ..Any idea what this is..Its very frustrating

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Screen goes white
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Screen goes white
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Same issue

I have the same issue with the exact same model. I am very curious as to what will be the outcome.

- Collapse -
I've also same issue with my 32" lcd samsung tv

I purchased in november '08 and screen goes white once in while and used to get colour back but from 05/12/2010 the screen totally white...I can't see picture colour though I can hear audio and barely see channel nos.

- Collapse -
white Samsung

Same model and issue is happening to me. Do you get the problem resolved?
Liza Carpenter
Palo Alto, CA

- Collapse -
Same Thing

I also have the ln32a450c1dxza with the same problem. I just replaced the T-Conn board which from what I've read was the most likely the problem but it didn't fix it. I've posted pictures of mine here (http://s839.photobucket.com/albums/zz318/carlsonan/). Anybody have any resolution yet?

- Collapse -
Possibly found problem
- Collapse -
WHITE SCREEN

HI OLD POST BUT DID YOU FIND A FIX FOR THIS PROBLEM MY LCD TV IS DOING THE SAME THING THANKS.

- Collapse -
Exact Same Issue - Samsung White Screen

Model LN32A450C1D, manufactured in Jan. 2009. It happen 16 mos. into a 12 mo. warranty. Samsung of course blames it on the cable company. Did anyone figure this out? I did get some helpful advise on other forums that some credit card companies extend the warranty by one year. I checked into this and mine did.

CNET Forums