Question

Screen Blank?

Greetings, Community

I've ran into a big problem, when I started up my computer one day the screen will not display any sign of activity on it anymore, Now everything is installed, all of the wires attached, I bought a new hard drive and installed into my old desktop (Windows XP Home Edition 2002) Im pretty sure of the year, anyways that's all I've got to say for now If you need anymore information about the desktop, let me know and Ill give you all of the specifications

Thanks, Regards
Technician11

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Screen Blank?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Screen Blank?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Re: screen blnak

The hard disk and the OKS aren't relevant at all. The BIOS will boot quite a long way without any hard disk (or cd or USB-drive or diskette) connected.

If you don't see any sign of live from the BIOS, it's either the PSU (power supply) or the motherboard (including the CPU) or the video card (if you have a separate one) or the monitor cable or the monitor that has gone south. It's up to you or the repair shop to find out which of the five.

Kees

- Collapse -
Clarification Request
What is it?

I read "old desktop" but little else. I see Kees asked about the BIOS screen which is a sign that the machine has more trouble than the hard disk or OS.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
(NT) Screen Blank?
- Collapse -
What is it?

Technician11,

I wonder what machine we are looking at. You've owned this for years so we hope you know more about it.
Bob

CNET Forums