Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Scientists Discover Readily Available Source of Stem Cells

FAS cells learn more at: http://www1.wfubmc.edu/

"Scientists have discovered a new source of stems cells and have used them to create muscle, bone, fat, blood vessel, nerve and liver cells in the laboratory. The first report showing the isolation of broad potential stem cells from the amniotic fluid that surrounds developing embryos was published in Nature Biotechnology. more >>"

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Scientists Discover Readily Available Source of Stem Cells
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Scientists Discover Readily Available Source of Stem Cells
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
>>> AFS <<< is the corrct acronym OOPS

In reply to: Scientists Discover Readily Available Source of Stem Cells

amniotic fluid-derived stem

Collapse -
Throw the stem cells out with the bath water?

In reply to: Scientists Discover Readily Available Source of Stem Cells

It showed them using hp printer ink cartridges for the process.

Collapse -
is it now possible to print a new species?

In reply to: Throw the stem cells out with the bath water?

the good news might be considering wake forest's roots, the ethical and philosophical issues, might be resolved.

a spokesman for WF did say it might be years b4 available to general public.

Collapse -
Re: Print a new species

In reply to: is it now possible to print a new species?

Collapse -
re: print

In reply to: Re: Print a new species

when you first referenced the cartridge I thought they were using it as a storage or transport device.

after the photo I see they were also an active part of the process. somebody was thinking 'outside the box' for that idea. 'island of dr moreau', now belongs to dr packard.

this is too wild. this research has been added to my: another reason to get up everyday. I am especially hopeful that liver research will be beneficial, for selfish reasons.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.