HolidayBuyer's Guide

Peripherals forum

General discussion

scanner not working properly

by mac2020 / December 3, 2003 8:22 AM PST

hello, i have windows me,a tiny model and the scanner is also a tiny make it is a 600dpi flatbed colour scanner,a 128 mb ram,30gb hard drive.
my problem is that my scanner was working ok last time i clicked on the icon,the applicaton opened up but now when i click on the icon a message box appears with
" a required .DLL file,CPUINF32.DLL,was not found"
i have no idea what this means.
i can acess the scanner through the control panel settings but its not quite the same.
i recently installed a new digital camera but i have been careful to make sure i have not deleted anything and everything is as it should be.
Any help would be greatly accepted

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: scanner not working properly
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: scanner not working properly
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:scanner not working properly
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 3, 2003 8:30 AM PST
Collapse -
Re:Re:scanner not working properly
by mac2020 / December 3, 2003 9:23 AM PST

sorry bob, for not putting all the right info in,
i am fairly an amateur at this stuff.
its an
Olympus
Camedia
Digital Camera
D-390
i take it you think that this has something to do with it,i'll see how i get on when i click on the link you put up,i had a quick look and it didn't look like nothing self-explanetery but i never tried,so i'll go back and see how i get on.i bought the camera here in Scotland if that means anything.By that i mean Europe settings or that.
Anyway thanks very much will go for your link and let you know how i get on , cheers.
mac

Collapse -
It's a tad late here.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 3, 2003 10:54 AM PST

But if you don't find it, I'll investigate this on Friday.

The software that came with the camera most likely caused this issue. I didn't know which camera so I could only supply some other example about the issue.

In the meantime, look to the camera maker's website, the place that sold you the camera and come back with the software titles you installed with the camera.

Bob

Collapse -
Re:It's a tad late here.
by mac2020 / December 4, 2003 12:09 AM PST
In reply to: It's a tad late here.

have sent off an email to the cameras makers website,
the technical support section and i am just waiting for a reply,
i will let you know how i get on
cheers,mac

Collapse -
Re:Re:It's a tad late here.
by mac2020 / December 4, 2003 7:21 AM PST

this is the "helpful" reply from the olympus support team of experts

Dear Sir,

scanners usually consume a lot of energy, so I would reccomend you to use another USB port. Camera and scanner should not be plugged in at the same time. This is the only advice I can give you.

best regards,

Marketa Kolarikova
OLYMPUS Digital Imaging Support Group
the camera + scanner were not plugged in at the same tim but,
its ok i will figure it out myself but thanks for the help anyway Bob
cheers again
mac

Collapse -
mac2020
by Jim Bily / January 20, 2009 2:07 PM PST

Marketa;

A relative (Jimmy Bily) in the USA is trying to find you.
If you see this contact jimbily@aol.com.

Thank you.
Jimmy

Collapse -
Fix ur problem
by riteishranjan / March 2, 2009 12:38 PM PST

.DLL file,CPUINF32.DLL,was not found"
DLL- Dynamic link libraries file & INF it is installed on installing the motherboard.
So,if u have not installed ur motherboard driver on ur system, the scanner failed to link up.
So,install it & if it not works then again format ur system install motherboard driver, scanner driver and then try to scan.If it not works then mail me- saumic_bibhor@yahoo.com.....ok.

Collapse -
might be problem with camera
by Techie_Master / March 5, 2009 9:32 PM PST
In reply to: Fix ur problem

it might be problem with digital camera driver. i think it conflict with your scanner driver. you have to uninstall and reinstall scanner driver again.

Collapse -
Closing discussion.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 5, 2009 9:58 PM PST

This one from 2003 is now closed. Feel free to start a new discussion.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.