Question

scan facebook for quotes

I have started a project which center on quotes by a friend of mine who randomly spouts off the funniest things you've ever heard. I am trying to compile a list of quotes, and have posted many of them on facebook over several years. Is there a program, or script I could run to scan my facebook page for all posts with " " * " -Name "? I don't have the patience to scroll through all my posts over the past three or four years manually looking for them.

If there are none available, then I may attempt to write a python program to do it for me. Any resources which might be helpful for that endeavor would be appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: scan facebook for quotes
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: scan facebook for quotes
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Update: scan for quotes on facebook

Okay after a bit more research online I've found the following url which can be put in to get all messages posted on my fb account.

https://graph.facebook.com/fql?q=SELECT+message+FROM+status+WHERE+uid=me%28%29&access_token=*insert your token here* (Check: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/explorer, and log in to get your access token)

My plan now is to find a way to parse through the posts and sort out all posts surrounded with quotation marks, and all posts ending in -Name. After that manual sorting won't be that big of a hassel. If anyone has any suggestions on parsing the info at this point, I welcome input. I am running Linux, so will probably use the cli. I will post any further discoveries on this issue as I find them.

Again, thanks in advance for any help.

- Collapse -
Update 2

Okay scratch that, the url only works to get a certain number of posts, so back to the drawing board. For now I've got other stuff to do so I'll get to this tomorrow hopefully.

CNET Forums